It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
(male)

ryan321 HB User
Blood/gassy/smelly stools

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum and it's a bit embarassing to talk about this (but I bet you've all heard that a thousand times!)

Since a little before Christmas, I started having just blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. I looked it up and thought it was probably just an anal fissure or maybe internal hemorrhoid and it might go away within a week or so. Well, here it is like 3 weeks later and now it's become where I very often have an urge to go to the bathroom but nothing comes but maybe a little gas. When I do go to the bathroom, it usually starts out with a lot of smelly gas then the actual feces comes after sitting there for two or so minutes. It always feel like there's more to come but nothing usually does. The TP is still bloody and there's blood in the toilet bowl. 2 or 3 days ago I just started feeling some minor abdominal discomfort - not pain, just a feeling of bloating or tenseness. It could be from the stress of worrying about this or whatever this is could be getting worse.

I've scheduled an appt. with the gastroenterologist or however you spell it but it's not until the 24th. The receptionist said to call in again on Tuesday to see if I could get in any earlier. I'm pretty worried about all this. I'm only 18 years old (19 in March). My family has no history of intestinal problems or cancer anywhere in that area of the body.

Thank you all.

Last edited by ryan321; 01-15-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User
Re: Blood/gassy/smelly stools

My guess is that it is a fissure or hemmeorroid. Both fairly easer to recover from at your age and since you are dealing with the problem right away. I would be surprized if it is more then that.

You can help your self a lot by keep your bowel movement nice and sort by drinking lots of water and making sure you get enough fiber.

Stress can also make these things worse. The holidays are a stressful time for many folks so that could be part of the problem.

Let us know what you find out.

Closed Thread