It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
(male)

milk HB User
How do you wipe properly, I am serious.

I just found these boards and thought I might as well ask. I have always been a bit screwy when it came to this department. I used to plug the toilet all the time when I was little, I would use half a roll of toilet paper every time.

Now im older, 24, and I do not plug the toilet but I have other issues. I wipe a lot and I am now experiencing negative effects from it. I am quite sure I have a hemroid, although aisde from being able to see the little bump I do not think it has caused any problems for me. I do get what is called "anal itch." I know it sounds gross, but it is basically from inflaming or irritating the area from over wiping.

I tried to switch to baby wipes and they helped a bit, but my main problem is I still have to wipe about 10+ times each BM. Almost every BM I irritate my bottom from this and I know that it is only going to get more severe as I get older.

I eat very healthy, I play sports and exercise, I am just a generally healther male, 5'7, 150 pounds. My BM's are usually on the soft side I think, I dont have much to compare with though. Sometimes I get a nice BM where it is pretty hard and it comes out very clean and I am done in 3-4 wipes. I take it this is what is normal.

Anyway, I really do not want to have to take a shower every single time I go to the bathroom, and during the day there isnt even a place to shower if this was neccessarry.

I do not strain on the toilet and I do not pinch BM's off. I am quite relaxed and out it comes, but it always seems to take a lot of time to clean. I wipe normally front to back, I have tried wetting toilet paper, and everything.

Can anyone point me to a website or have any information. I am very serious, and I dread having to think about any more problems developing because of something simple I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

JenniferB123 HB User
Re: How do you wipe properly, I am serious.

Are you wiping just to wipe, or is there a lot to wipe? My boyfriend tends to wipe until he bleeds. If I were you I would use tolit paper, then use the baby wipes then back to tolit paper. If for some reason your using that much tolit paper, and you still have somthing to wipe off ask your doctor, maybe your expelling more out when you wipe off. Sorry to be so graphic.

You seem pretty normal though, somtimes we need more tolit paper than normal, and sometimes we don't.

If you think you have hemrroids, go to the doctor and they will give you somthing for it.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
(male)

99problems99 HB User
Re: How do you wipe properly, I am serious.

Same problem dude, wish i knew what it was. Its to embrassing to go to the doctor for this some people think thats just a guy thing for being to embrassed to go to the doctor.

Closed Thread