It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #1

usmcsgtbob HB User
will stool show up on a X-ray?

Does anyone know if you can see stool on an x-ray or an impaction or obstruction???? Or do you need a more detailed look such as in a cat scan.. ?

Reason is I've been constipated for over a month know.. and seem to be geting the run around.. down here with these Dr's/.... Im worried and scared.. I tried everything from X-lax to mineral oil, to metamucil to suppositories... and fleet enamas... cant produce a decent movement..

after several trips to the Dr's, she gave me Miralax to take... I went home and took 5 glasses over the weekend... 1 Friday night , 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday... nothing.. went back to the Dr's on Monday and she said I didnt take it right... told me to take a gallon of Miralax.. Holy cow , I dont think I could drink a gallon of anything but I went home and started drinking at 5:00, after 7 cups I could drink no more but i did manage to finish most of the gallon except for about 2 inches from the bottom... around midnight I started having the runs a little... I had 2 or 3 decent ones with some matter in them and really dark water.... then the others seemed a lot less. just colored water.. I have about 10 all togeather but the 7 after the first 3 good ones were small runs and just lightly colored water.. I ddidnt feel like I evacuated myself very much... got real dissapointed and scared

Ok went back to the Dr's... she didnt seem to think much of it,,, told me I worry too much,. what the he**&^%% .. I know what a good case of diareha looks like and this was not the case... said to me its hard to appreciate how much stool is in dissoved solution.. hmmmm can anyone comment on this.. she set me up on a brium enama and then said to get back with her in 2 weeks.. dissapointed

Well Im still very worried and still feel very uncompfortable.. I feel bloated and my stomach feels like its sticking out... it used to be nice and streamline.. and feels sometimes like a small stomach ache.. like when you have an ulcer,..( I had one before).... I went to ER last night and sat int he damn waiting room for 10 hours to see a Dr , told him I wanted a X-ray to see if there is any stool in there.. told them idiots the whole story,... they treated me like I was retarded ... took the x-ray and the dr didnt even have the decency to cme inand explain and show me the x-ray sent the nurse in and she said the Dr. said you have gas.. heres some laxatives and go home....got home at 3:00 Am and P.Oed...

Im picking up the X-rays today and taking them to another Dr;;;; What can you see on an x-ray.?? can anyone tell me...? can I ask my dr for a cat scan??? or is there something else.. Im worried and fruistrated... dont know what to do next

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: will stool show up on a X-ray?

You should be able to see impaction because the stool would be "whiter" than an empty bowel which would be black.

One question....do you eat enough food? What does your daily diet look like?

quincy

Old 02-17-2005, 08:15 AM   #3

usmcsgtbob HB User

Well looking at the xrays which I picked up copies... there is alot of black spots on the xray speckled in the lower abdomen and alot of big ones on the right side flowing down... the rest all looks white.. should I also see black (emptyness) in the upper middle under the rib cage... that is all white.. no black specks or holes>?>? dont forget I used a Miralax prep that morning and should of been empty

Old 02-18-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

Well....I'm definitely not the one to ask about specifics..but I do know that on x-rays, air is black and anything else is shades of grey and white (usually bone or something of great density). Organs will be layered, meaning that one will be infront of the other, plus the skin...that will produce a shading of light grey or white and they all would be distinguished by a professional.

I hope you get to another doctor soon and get this resolved so that you can start feeling much better. My suggestion would be for you to see a gastro doctor.

quincy

Closed Thread