HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Bowel Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/)
-   -   Diarrhea After Every Meal (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/273716-diarrhea-after-every-meal.html)

waka_jawaka_31 04-13-2005 11:02 AM

Diarrhea After Every Meal

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT]

Ive recently noticed I have diarrhea, well this is really been going on for over a year I just noticed it more latley and just shrugged it off before as what i ate did it.But now its after everytime i eat anything 30 minutes or less later Im running to the bathroom.Ive had a colonscopy last year to rule out another problem in my abdomen.Any suggesions would be great. Thanks for reading. Im a female.

meggsters 04-13-2005 02:47 PM

Re: Diarrhea After Every Meal

My guess would be IBS, but again, that's just a guess.

waka_jawaka_31 04-13-2005 05:02 PM

Thanks Meg its more than I would of guessed I have a Dr. appt next week and I will run this by my Dr..

Harry 04-13-2005 08:57 PM

It could be a virus, parasite or an unbalance of the friendly bacteria in your Gastro system caused by food poisoning, a bacteria or yeast infection, or a round of taking an antibiotic??

But --These symptoms indicate that you are intolerant to something that you are eating or probably drinking with every meal. All people that have IBS are intolerant to one or more foods.

The real culprits are coffee, dairy products like milk or wheat products but it could be anything that is common to every meal??

You should start keeping a log of what you eat & drink all the time to try to ID something??

Diarrhea every day is really not good since it washes alot of the important nutrients out of your system before they get absorbed--- they are needed for good health!!

You are doing the right thing by going to see a Doctor!!

I certainly wish you well--
God Bless---Harry

waka_jawaka_31 04-14-2005 11:01 AM

Thank You Harry for your input I will start keeping a log of what I eat and drink.Thanks again. Lori

liza2 04-15-2005 04:20 PM

I have been having a problem like this lately too... what did the dr. say?

AdnRo 04-15-2005 04:48 PM

I had the exact same thing and was diagnosed with IBS.

liza2 04-15-2005 05:39 PM

how do they diagnois it... what tests are involved?

frustrated35 04-15-2005 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=waka_jawaka_31][FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT]

Ive recently noticed I have diarrhea, well this is really been going on for over a year I just noticed it more latley and just shrugged it off before as what i ate did it.But now its after everytime i eat anything 30 minutes or less later Im running to the bathroom.Ive had a colonscopy last year to rule out another problem in my abdomen.Any suggesions would be great. Thanks for reading. Im a female.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing and my doc said to lay off the dairy to see if that was the problem. Sure enough! I'm better. I drink Soy Milk with my cereal and limit my cheese intake. No yogurt, cottage cheese, ice cream etc. It's also helped with my weight loss. go figure! I thought it was because either I was getting older (35) or had sometype of disease! My doc just laughed at me....

I hope that's all it is for you, but make sure you visit your doc to make sure! Good luck!

liza2 04-15-2005 06:17 PM

I'll try that, thank you for the advise!

Harry 04-15-2005 09:12 PM

If you are intolerant to dairy products--- it is usually the milk sugar(lactose) that causes problems and yogurt uses up 99% of the milk sugar in the fermentation process. So, it should be OK to eat.