It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

BlueStar18 HB User
stomach noise

My stomach makes these gurgling noises all the time. When I eat, when I donít eat, when Iím relaxed, just whenever it feels like it. It is embarrassing and I donít know what to do. I have tried many things to make it stop. First I thought I was just hungry, so I ate something and it didnít help. I have tried taking Tums and gasx and still nothing. It happens at very unexpected times, I will be sitting in class trying to learn when my stomach starts to make noises, and itís horrible. I canít seem to concentrate on anything during school because Iím scared the noises will start. I am afraid to attend any outings with my friends in fear of my stomach making noises. I know this isnít uncommon, but itís still annoying. My diet is just fine also, all I drink is water and i eat tons of fruit and vegetables.

Does anyone know of ways to stop the noises? Any home remedies or meds I can get at the store? It would be a big help! Thanks!

Old 05-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
(female)

kay21 HB User
Re: stomach noise

I definitely can sympathize. I had this about a year ago and it recently started up again. Whenever this happens to me, people assume I am hungry. However, this happens to me 24 hours a day- whether I eat or not. Anyway, a year ago, I was told to take Famotidine (spelling???). It really helped. I was told that these noises are either from gas or acid. I was also told that some people produce more acid than others. Anyway, this medicine is sold over the counter and it is used to reduce acid- it is also used to treat heartburn and ulcers. Hope it helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

vonee HB User
Smile Re: stomach noise

Hi BlueStar. I know exactly what you mean. Years ago I was diagnosed with GERD, but now I have chron's and ulceritive colitis. I think it would be a good idea for you to seek a doctor's advice before this turns into a real problem. Having too much acid, if that's the case, could turn into something more serious on down the road.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

MzTami HB User

Hello BlueStar18 and all suffering from the embarrassment of stomach noises. Anyway, I have been doing a lot of research. I think I know what our problem is.... Food allegry...I think that we are intolerence of GLUTEN, and WHEAT products.

One night I was eating beef jerky and in the morning my stomach is gurgling, bubbling, popping, you know the rountine. Anyway, I was on the healthboard the next day searching for a solution because I was at work and it was quite embarrassing. Anyway, I saw someone mention they were allergic to gluten, and their stomach does that popping when they eat gluten. Not knowing the ingredients of beef jerky, I went to the store yesterday to read what was in beef jerky since after eating it, my stomach would go crazy. Sure enough there it was GLUTEN, and WHEAT. But get this everyone suffering from the stomach noises. GLUTEN is in almost everything we eat. Pizza, cake, cookies, noodles,crackers, bread, etc... So how would we know what food is causing our problem or even if it's IBS? I will say it again and again, I am almost 100% sure that we are suffering from the intolerence of GLUTEN and WHEAT Products. GLUTEN is also in vitamins and medicines that we take. GLUTEN is everywhere. FastFood restaurants, many many foods contain GLUTEN. If you don't think it's true go into the kitchen and grab those lays sourcream potato chips, snack foods and read the ingredients. GLUTEN, GLUTEN, GLUTEN, WHEAT Products is our problem.

I have eliminated all GLUTEN and WHEAT products from my diet. ALSO after eliminating the products, you wont see result until the GLUTEN is completely out of your system. Which they say could take a few days to see improvement.

I would like for everyone that is suffering from these stomach noises to eliminate all GLUTEN and WHEAT products starting immediately! READ all LABELS! ASK fastfood restaurants for GLUTEN-FREE food. After a few days let me know if your stomach noises have gotten any better. Again, depending on the amount of GLUTEN in your system, you will not see overnight results. For more information on Gluten Food allergies, do a search with ******.

I hope and pray this is the cure for us, keep your fingers crossed.
Keep sharing!

Old 05-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

BlueStar18 HB User

wow thanks for the help, i will make sure i change my diet around and see if that helps. Ive also been thinking of when did this all start, well it started janurary or feb. of this year, and since then i have started to drink coffee in the moring before school to wake me up more, so I am also going to stop drinking coffee to see if that helps.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

BlueStar18 HB User

sad to say but the noises are still around, I HATE THIS SO MUCH!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

BlueStar18 HB User

I tried not eating before going to school today, and my stomach didnt make those stupid wining noises, only problem is the growling from being hungry, but I figure my stomach will get used to it.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
(female)

GirlWithPain HB User

what you could do to make it better is grab a granolla bar or an apple with you to class, and the moment you feel like you are getting hungry, start eating it!

Closed Thread