It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
(male)

ozzeran HB User
Orange Stool?

Hello all, I am a 27 year old male with a bad diet and no excercise. About a few months ago i had constipation and orange color stools, well came to find out there was occult blood in it. Had a battery of tests done and the colonoscopy revealed a tiny hemmorhoid way up my colon. He said to just eat plenty of fiber and I will be ok. It seems like it flares up like this, orange colored stool after a night of drinking. Anybody have ideas what would cause orange colored stool? I dont eat orange type foods

btw: I did do a search but nothing with my symptoms

Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Orange Stool?

I don't think I have heard of Orange color stool unless I take my orange flavored fiber on an empty stomach!!

Hemorrhoids are basically like a varicose vein--- it has lost it elasticity sorta sac like and it may bleed. It is not going away by itself--- I think that you will eventually have to see a co-rectal surgeon??

Life style changes can help but it will be there!!!

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
(male)

ozzeran HB User

Yeah may have to call him again, he was a colorectal surgeon that performed the colonoscopy. I have never heard of hemmorhoids being so far into the colon though, but thats what he said he saw.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

That was my thoughts -- I had 2 1/2 feet of my colon removed because of chronic diverticular bleeding -- hemorrhoid are located in the rectum area that is about 8" long from your anus to the beginning of your sigmoid colon --- not in the colon??

Old 05-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
(male)

ozzeran HB User

he said further up inside the colon. like pretty far in it.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

The natural mucus in the bowel is an orangish-goldish color and maybe alcohol could cause you to make too much. I don't know. Don't drink and see if the orange goes away.

Closed Thread