It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

Jask HB User
Unhappy Diarrhea, leaking, and a Hemorrhoid

Reaching out for some advice here.

I'm a 19 year old male, and have had Diarrhea very often in the last six years. I used to not even realize it was a problem. Just liquid stools, no blood, no real pain. I never imagined it was anything wrong.

Beginning in 2003 I quickly came to realize the first side effect of the Diarrhea would be newly discovered stool leakage. Often enough, around times of bowel movement or nervousness the back of my pants will be noticeably wet.

The wetness is what I assume to be caused by stool leaking, however, this must be a minor case. There is no odor from this, nothing colored or solid. Yet, it does bother me and it was my only health problem in life. It is a very important issue to me that I haven’t been able to fix. I have problems with it to this date.

Now a worse problem has occurred two nights ago. I foolishly ate some very spiced meat, resulted in visiting the toilet four times before the next morning, and then I noticed an uncomfortable pain from my Anus. There is a mass of soft painful tissue that I can see clearly on the outside.

I assume this is my first Hemorrhoid, but it is the size of two peas externally, and hurts just about all the time. Movement of my body makes it hurt worse, as does the obvious, sitting down. So for whatever reason this one is very easy to set off pain with.

Is there anything I can take or do to counter or prevent the wetness?
Is it even stool leakage, or could it be from something else?
Does the Hemorrhoid hurt so much because it is internal and prolapsed out due to its size? I am having difficulty determining if it is an internal that has prolapsed or only external.
How long should I wait before seeing a doctor about the Hemorrhoid? It happened the night of the 31st and has not reduced in size with use of Preparation H.
What is banding them like? How much will it hurt if the doctor needs to do this?

Any treatments to use, suggestions… anything is appreciated. I’m a little scared due to the Hemorrhoid, and have been very embarrassed for the last two years with the wetness. If you’ve read this far, thank you.

Last edited by Jask; 08-02-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
(female)

lisajc HB User
Re: Diarrhea, leaking, and a Hemorrhoid

Hi, You need to see your doctor. Diarrhea like that is not normal. I would get to the bottom of that problem and that will probably help you with your new problem (hemorrhoid). My son had really bad stomach problems for years (he is 20 now) and it turned out to be gluten intolerance. Anything with gluten and he is sick for days. Not that I am saying that is your problem but it might be something that can be easily corrected.

Take care

Old 08-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #3

hgghg HB User
Re: Diarrhea, leaking, and a Hemorrhoid

See a doctor, but maybe try taking metamucil. Fiber helps absorb stuff, and make "poop" bulkier. But, then again, you may want to ask the doctor before you do that. In the end, see a doctor.

Closed Thread