It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
(male)

davedave HB User
Could I have IBS..or worse??? Please help!

OK ... someone may remember me from posting a while back. Recently, I have been noticing some symptoms and thought I'd check here to see what you guys think...

I have been reading a lot about IBS (and my sister was told she had it a year or two ago -- I don't know if it's genetic or whatever). I think I may have it, and that may be my problem...

--

All of my life, I am always worried when I am out because most of the time right after I eat (especially like a hamburger or something along those lines), I'll get diareeah really bad. I mean all of my friends know when we're out that I need to find a toilet right after we eat, and we all joke about it.

--

These are the following sypmtoms I get on a regular basis that support my theory of IBS:

Regular periods of diareah and constipation regardless of diet.
Sometimes I get the feeling like I didn't go all the way.
Diareah after eating sometimes.
Mucus discharge sometimes...and sometimes a lot of mucus discharge.
BAD bloating a lot of the time (maybe like 3 out of 7 days a week).
If I drink a beer, REALLY BAD BLOATING right after, and bad diareah the whole next day.
A lot of foods seem to give me really bad gas.

--

But also, I have noticed, and this is crazy...if I go poop in the morning, it seems like right around my ******** really burns just about all day until like 3:00 or so. If I don't have to go first thing in the morning, I usually have a pretty good day.

Not sure if this is related, but I don't think my body can digest peanuts or like the skins of peppers or some fruits??? For example, if I eat nuts, my poop is really jagged coming out. If I eat chilli or something, with a lot of peppers or spices, I can see those peppers or skins or whatever mixed in with my poop, and sometimes I'll get one on the toilet paper after I wipe...I've examined it close and it's definately whatever I ate.

-------------

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!! Please if you have an idea, let me know. I talked to my doctor once about 7 months ago, but I wasn't paying that close of attention to all the symptoms because it never bothered me like it is now. My doctor said I just had constipation because she examined inside my butt with her finger, and it tested negative for blood and obviously she didn't find a hemorhoid or I guess anything else (I know that's not the best test in the world, but it rules out anything obvious or whatever).

She said if conditions didn't improve to call her back, but I'm really embarrased. I am like a really macho type of guy into lifting weights and it just makes me feel like less of a man. I can't even talk with my fiance (girlfriend of 4 years) about it because I don't want anyone to know that I'm scared because I'm just supposed to be the strong one...like I always was.

Please ... ANY IDEAS ... thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 04:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Could I have IBS..or worse??? Please help!

Celiac disease comes to mind--esp the "beer runs." Otherwise, could just be IBS as most with IBS have "trigger foods" that set them off. For me, it's Oreos.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
(male)

davedave HB User
Re: Could I have IBS..or worse??? Please help!

hrmm...well I don't know if I feel like adding another disease to the list of possibilities, so I'll wait out on looking that one up.

--

On another note, is it bad to say hold in a bowel movement? Say like if you go first thing you have problems the rest of the day...but if you hold it in you seem fine for some reason?

Closed Thread