It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
(male)

Alienmindsinc HB User
Exclamation Yellow Diarrhea

I've been looking through the forum and I can't find anybody that posted a problem like mine so I figured I'd ask and see if someone knows before I head to the doctor (which is closed now.).

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I'm intensely worried about this.

Since yesterday, right after dinner, about 20 mins or so, I've had diarrhea. It started off normal colors and I saw a tiny red speck in it and assumed that was part of the chili beans from the god awful chili I was served at the college cafe. Over night I was extremely exhausted because I was up early that morning and went to bed around 1 am, so I didn't notice many things. I did, however, wake up like 4 times to go to the bathroom, and the last time I was so tired I took immodium just so I could sleep. Everything seemed fine, I didn't notice any color changes. This morning I noticed it was a bit more yellow than usual, and because I had a full day of classes I took another immodium tablet and left. I just went again, and this time I noticed that it was more yellow than brown, like if you were to mix a little dirt brown in with the color of the smileys you can add to posts. Also, it was cloudy and tended to settle toward the bottom. The speed that it settled amazed me because I'm prone to checking my diarrhea for discolorations, and I didn't wipe or anything and it had already settled to the bottom. There were a few floating pieces, and in these pieces I noticed a lot more of the red things than I noticed last night. Not a ton of them, but like about 2-3 per "floater" which were pretty small. The red things look to be about a half a cm to a cm long and very thin. The only red food I've eaten since yesterday is ketchup, and a little bit of ham if you consider that "reddish."

I don't know if I should take immodium or not because this is scaring me. If I still have diarrhea in the morning I obviously need to go to a doctor, but if anyone could put my mind at ease a tad or even point me toward what it could be I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,
Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
(male)

phil1978 HB User
Re: Yellow Diarrhea

Matt,

I have had the same problem so I am looking forward to a response as well. I have had both light/golden brown regular movements as well as brown diarrhea that sinks and is surrounded by yellow liquid on the outside perimeter of the bowl. Can anyone offer advice.

Phil

Old 11-16-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
(male)

Alienmindsinc HB User

Phil,

I think it might be Girandis, from what I've seen posted about yellow diarrhea, but I can't find anything on red specks. It's a mix between tan and yellow for my actual stool.

-Matt

Old 11-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katalya HB User

Hi there,

I have had IBS for 35 years, and both my Dr. and nurses have told me repeatedly that this symptom has to do with food passing through too fast when you have diahhrea. I had stool tests for bacteria and viruses, with no positives. The other (unpleasant) diagnosis may be ulcerative proctitus or colitis. The worst case scenario may be rectal cancer, colon cancer or polyps that may be benign or malignant.

On two occasions, when I ate too many pickles, cabbage or anything else that irritates an already irritated colon, I had explosive diahhrea with blood for days.

The younger you are, the more positive your chances are of this being a random occurrence, based on diet or stress.

Good luck!

Closed Thread