It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

kpkpkpkpkp HB User
Question sesame seed sized, white egg-like paricles in my bowels

I am on Effexor and Trazadone which I take daily. Other than that, I eat/consume nothing else with true regularity. I experience no symptoms but I find the constant presences of the noticeable white specks in my bowels alarming especially since they are always present. My psychiatrist says my medication completely disolves.

I took a trip to India last March but I had all my vaccinations ate laregely in high-end, western-style hotels. I did get very sick on the last day, though, with diarhea and vomiting which I medicated for the long trip home with anti-nausea medication and lomotil.

Could the specks be some sort of parasitic eggs?

The only symptom that I have, if a sypmptom at all, is that I have gained five pounds that doesn't seem to come off. Normally I have a very stable weight without much effort. I have been assuming I am just aging (35) and the glory days of a good metabolism are over.

So- who has advice for me. I cannot find anything describing a similiar bowel appearance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Re: sesame seed sized, white egg-like paricles in my bowels

The easiest way to diagnose you is to take a stool sample to your doctor and have them check it. If you had never been out of the country, I wouldn't even consider this, but because you were, it's very likely you picked up something....the white specks in your stool tell me it's some type of worm. Don't panic, this is very common with people who travel outside of the states. It doesn't matter how careful you are, it's easy to catch something like this, especially from fruit or food of that nature. Even in high-end places and hotels, it's not that uncommon. If you find this is what you have, it's very easy to get rid of. But they won't go away by themselves, so you'll need to see your doctor who can prescribe something if this is what you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
(female)

kpkpkpkpkp HB User

Thank you. (Gross!) I'll go to the Cooper Clinic here in Dallas and have them give me a thorough check-up.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
(female)

kpkpkpkpkp HB User

Do worms lay eggs?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
(male)

Josh_B HB User

I've had white "egg" looking things in my stools several times.

I am going today to my herbelist to get some anti-parasite stuff along with a colon cleanse supplement.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
(female)

desertflower HB User

KP,

I have been on Effexor XR for 7 years. I have the same thing in my stools and freaked when I saw it after starting Effexor, also. It is the little balls in the medicine that you are seeing. They do not disolve in some people. Dont worry about it. That is all it is.

Df

Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

Are you on time-release effexor? Open up the capsule......is it full of tiny white balls?
More than likely it's the effexor. I had a stomach infection last year, and was sure the tiny white things in the stool were eggs of some kind. I had to take in several samples because of the infection and I couldn't understand why they didn't question the little white balls. Finally, one day I opened one of the effexor capsules and there they were.....hundreds of tiny white balls. Check the effexor before you spend your time and money on needless visits. Hopefully, you'll set your mind at ease. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
(female)

trittsneighbor HB User

I would reccommend anyone who thinks they might of caught worms, whether be from a pet or food, to get treated. They can do serious damage If left for too long. Certain kinds anyway. I would watch for an Itchy bottom, gaining weight, and shine a flashlight into your stool and look close. They are there, but very hard to see. I am on medication right now for them. I think I've had them for 4 years! : ( and just figured out what it was.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
(female)

mayremae HB User

Yes they do. Pinworms, they can look like white threads in stool, crawl out of the rectum at night and lay eggs around the outside of the rectum. This can cause itching and when hands touch them the eggs, which are not visible to the naked eye, can attach themselves to the hands further spreading the infestation. You can get pinworm medicine over the counter in any drug store. Try looking where they sell head lice medicine.

Closed Thread