It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
(male)

davedave HB User
intestinal yeast infection?

For the past few months, I go through phases where I'm OK then not OK, etc...

Let me start by saying that the area around my anus seems to be very itchy and burns from time to time -- it seems to burn a lot around lunch time if I go poop in the morning..If I don't poop in the morning, it's fine...strange.

Now, sometimes there's like some mucussy stuff that comes out, but not all the time. When my anus is itchy and/or burning, I can go wipe and it will have like sweat or something mixed with a little bit of 'poop' -- not like poop, but just like diareah or something that leaked out a bit.

--

Now, my girlfriend had a yeast infection a while back when this all started for me...and then she got it treated...then once it was treated, we resumed sexual activity, at which time she got another yeast infection.

Now I'm thinking (and after reading on the internet for a while) that I may have some sort of yeast infection in my intestines or in my colon?

Is this possible?

I'm telling you, I've had this problem for a while now like 5, 6 months or so, it's like on and off but it's pretty consistant though...on for a long time, and off for like 2 days if that.

--

so is it possible to have a yeast infection if you're a guy in your intestines/colon? If so, is there something over the counter to take? Or do you think if I called my doctor and explained this that they would be able to prescribe something for me?

Has anyone had this before or am I crazy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: intestinal yeast infection?

Hi...you're not crazy. Yeast happens naturally in the gut. It might be that you have IBS, or a bowel flora imbalance, or hemorrhoids, or a fissure, or the start of bowel disease.....

Sometimes stool can remain in the folds of the anus and cause irritation.

Yeast infections....can be ping-ponged through sexual intercourse, altough, I don't know how it would affect you anorectally.

You could try a few things to start: lower sugar intake, don't consume artificial sweeteners (diet drinks, gum, etc), start a good probiotic which will help get your digestive tract in balance, lower stress levels, increase fibre intake, make sure after a bm that you wash the area clean with either wipes or a hand shower..careful not to inflame the area. Apply hydrocortisone cream just
for a few days to reduce inflammation.

Have you taken antibiotics recently?

Have you taken a look down there to see if there's anything obvious happening? (squat over a mirror)

If it doesn't improve, for sure see a doctor...a gastroenterologist would be your best bet.

Probiotics are good bacteria which keep the digestive tract balanced keeping bad bacteria in check.

I hope this helps.
quincy

Old 11-24-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
(male)

davedave HB User

Thanks a lot Quincy, some good advice that I'm going to follow.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
(female)

threethings HB User

just wanted to give my two cents about probiotics. recently i've had to take a few rounds of antibiotics and that's caused my intestines to go crazy. my doctor recommended cultrelle. i've been taking it for over a week with amoxicillin and i must say it works well! my intestines are in good order right now.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
(female)

Dee77 HB User

I never heard of cultrelle. What do you mean by crazy? Mine go round and round and i get alot of gas. I am trying bif/flora fource. I have troubles going. tired of this

Closed Thread