It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

halygirl HB User
Bowel movements are like marbles

First I was constipated for 5 days, then had a bowel movement like several marbles. This has bee 2 months now. I have a bm every morning, but only by taking fiber pills or prunes. I have never been constipated before. Dr. says it is not IBS, but could be diverticulas. I have no blood, and feel good except for disconfort and light pain I guess from not having normal stooles. I am going to have a colonoscopy. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 01-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
(female)

threethings HB User
Re: Bowel movements are like marbles

i definitely have this problem but i've been diagnosed with IBS and i also had some strange inflammation in my small bowel recently. i have to take a lot of fiber. even when i do take fiber though i have marble size BMs. do you eat veges and fruits in your diet? exercise? water?? even if you don't have IBS...you can still get constipated if you don't have a good diet with a lot of water intake, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

halygirl HB User

Thank you for the answer. Are you sure you have IBS? This is why I ask......
About 12 years ago there was a woman on tv, Susan somebody who was promoting eating fiber and execise. That was good except I over did it. I was eating cereal and bannanas 3 to 4 times a day plus other fruits,vegtables and bread. I was pretty active, but didn"t drink a lot of water. I started having odd pains in my bellybuton, under my ribs, just general werid twinges mostly between my bra line to around my bellybutton. Sometimes it would be lower. I had a upper GI, a sonagram, and a sigmoid. All was fine. The Doc said it was IBS even though I never had dieahra or was constipated. All this time when I would get these pains I just made sure I didn't eat nuts or popcorn, and also cake or donuts as these things make it worse or may even start it. In the last year I noticed I was getting this more often. On the day before my constipation started I had eaten a lot of fiber and was rushing around, didn't drink much water. Late in the afternoon I got the same pains but much stronger than I ever had before, also had the chills, but didn't feel sick or have a fever. I felt better in a few hrs, but the next day no bm. No bm for the next 4 days. When I finally did have a bm it was like marbles and still is. Taking Digestive Advantage helps a lot, but it still starts out as marbles. The Doc I have now said it is Diverticulas, or poloups ,or could be cancer. I am going to have a colonoscoy the 31st.
Hope I didn't bore you with all this. I see you were wondering when to take the fiber pills. I take them at night and the vits in the am.
Dee

Old 01-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
(female)

threethings HB User

hi dee....
i definitely know i have IBS. i was diagnosed years ago. i've had constipation and diarrhea since i was 14! i've also had ulcers and now i have some strange small bowel inflammation that comes and goes (docs aren't sure what's causing this one yet). i notice that if i take too much fiber and i don't drink enough water...i get constipated. i think everything gets stuck because of the lack of water. if you can't eat nuts that definitely sounds like divert. hmm...i would definitely have the colonoscopy. do you have pain? i would think if you had polyps or something you'd have pain. i could be wrong though. have you had a cat scan to check for blockage? or are they just going to do the colonoscopy? best of luck and thanks for the advice on when to take my fiber.

Closed Thread