It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

slc51 HB User
lower back pain related to bowel problems?

often i get a very intense pain in my lower back near my coxis bone
its not back pain but seems to occur when i am constipated--its so bad i can not walk until i have a b.m.--does anyone know what this is-it seems to get better when i take laxatives and really cleanse my bowel for about a week but i wonder if it is a more serious probem

Old 01-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: lower back pain related to bowel problems?

Have you injured that area at all? Like taken a fall or anything like that? Pain in the coccyx can be made a lot worse when constipated. Or maybe you do a lot of bike riding or sitting in hard chairs... anything that can irritate the tailbone, so that when you are constipated it is aggravating your condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

slc51 HB User

thanks for answering sunlover--no, no falls or injuries--thats the reason i am putting of going to drs because no matter what i say, i know we are going to go thru a raft of back tests and i can't explain it other than to see its not a back pain but rather inside--any other thoughts

Old 01-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

Rhondabasler HB User
Smile Re: lower back pain related to bowel problems?

Hey there sunlover,
Man, I just happened on this site and found a couple of people that are experiencing the same pain in the butt that I have been since 1999. I had no falls, nothing to really explain it. But it feel so much like tail bone pain yet I have had multible MRI's and bone scans and everything else you can think of. I even had a colon scope thinking they would find whatever it is that feels like I am sitting on a rock. I work in an office and it is so hard to continually sit. The truth is I will go 1 week or more before I will have a bm. And it's only because I take laxsitives. Ok, my spelling stinks. Even when I eat salads and other things that people say helps doesn't help. Like I said, I take stool softeners, I'm talking 3 at a time and don't get results until a day or two later. My back pain does get worse when I haven't pooped. I am only 42 and I have a full time job and a house to keep up and I have a 3 year old and a 18 years. I stay busy. Somebody type back with some suggestions pleasee. Thanks

Old 01-31-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
(female)

slc51 HB User

hi rhondablaster-thank god there is someone else that knows what i am talking about--i also never go without laxatives----thats why i dont want to go to dr because they will ony look for back pain and thats not what it is--i do get some relief after pooping and if i take laxatives for a long time it will eventually go away--what is back there that could cause that kind of pain--is it an impaction--two days ago i started a one month bowel cleanse which i dont kjnow if it will work and i also dont know if i can take this pain for another month--your colonoscopy didnt show anything

Closed Thread