It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
(male)

E$MoNeY HB User
Yellow sour smelling stools

A little history,
39 year old male.
Family history of diabetes but I have not been checked.
Very active US Army Reserve Drill Sergeant.

A couple years back I had to be circumsized not by choice. Well the Dr. did a bladder scope and after wards everytime I go to the bathroom my stools are very thin they feel big comming out but when I look they are pencil thin. I assumed the Dr. may have folded an intestine while doing the scope ( you know pushed the rod wrong and caused part of my intestine to fold over) I really dont know. Well ever since then I have been very constipated, most of the time I have to push so hard that I see bits of blood in water. Then other times when I set my mind to relaxing no blood but still pencil thin. I told my Dr. about it so he did the digit check and stated no blockage and a normal size prostate. This was last year.

For several months my stool has smelled very sour and "always" yellow in color never brown. I assumed I was becoming lactose intolerant but what do I know so I stopped drinking milk about 2 months ago. I routinly have small pain near where the appendix is located (right side on the belt line). I also have been suffering from really bad stomach aches especially when I drink coffie or carbonated drinksor eat onions. Now every time I eat anything I have to attempt a bowel movement no matter what I eat or how small. I always feel full and that little bit of food causes me to go almost instantly but I cant. I have seen mucus and what appears to be tranparent skin (similar to snake belly skin)in my movements if I push too hard the movement looks flaky not at all together. I even have trouble pushing gas out at times. I feel clamped down.

My urine sometimes is very cloudy (not always only when I have the side pain) but if I drink a lot of water it clears up but the next morning it appears as if I am once again dehydrated. I now can no longer eat onions as they trigger the stomach pains and I get very hot feeling. The other day I ate a pretty big lunch but only 4 hours later I was very weak and shaky as if I were starving.

Main concerns, could I have a tape worm, bad kidneys, stomach ulcer or even worse cancer or is it my age? I am really starting to freak out a bit.

Thank You I just found this site tonight and have been looking for my symptoms in other posts with out luck. Sorry so wordy.

Last edited by E$MoNeY; 02-03-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Yellow sour smelling stools

I don't see how doing a scope of the bladder could affect the intestines. Your doc would have to be EXTREMELY negligent to do anything like that, and you would have had massive internal tearing and injury. That being said, it sounds like you may have IBS. All your symptoms you describe can be related to IBS.

I'd try to increase fiber and take a VERY GOOD probiotic daily for a while. Also avoid foods that you've noticed seem to increase your symptoms.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

Jennys77 HB User

Hi! Just reading your story and it sounds so much like my own. I just recently got diagnosed with Chrohn's disease.. I think really you should go to a GI doctor and let him do some tests. I thought at first that my general doctor was silly for sending me there... my first symptoms were yellow stools and stomach aches all the time. I am 37 years old. Anyway, good luck to you!!

Old 03-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

shelley49001 HB User
Arrow Re: Yellow sour smelling stools

I would also suggest you go and see a GI, I have had IBS all of my life and my stools change all the time, I have severe stomach aches almost daily and in general feel like crap every single day, I on the other hand can go most of the time without having to..meaning I have lived with the runs for about 10 years now...Very rarely do I get constipated...Thank God, but on the other hand going all the time has caused other problems...So basically either way sucks..I have been to a ton of doctors, they all put me on this drug or that, I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and it told them nothing but lots of swelling, Well hello, I already figured that out since I go on average 3-6 times a day...Finally I found a medication that takes away the spasms..its called Bentyl. I take 10-20 mgs a day and it works well, BUT it doesn't take away the runs...I have tried different kinds of fiber..they say that will regulate....NOT...it made things worst for me...Its hard to believe what doctors tell you because they all have different opinions...SO..in order to set your mind at ease, find a really good reputable GI and stick with him/her because if you go doctor jumping you will never get the answers you so much need...Good Luck to you.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
(female)

sherby19 HB User

I to have chronic irritable bowel syndrome and my symptons change from day to day.

(The rest of post was deleted)

moderator4

Last edited by moderator4; 07-31-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Closed Thread