It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

ASDFA HB User
Odor and bowel problems!

Help! I have been having a really really embarrassing and uncomfortable problem. This problem started around 2 years ago. But then I thought that the odor was coming from someone else( I had the bowel problem too but I just kept thinking it was going to go away). But now since the "burning sensation in my lower back" is coming at the same time as the odor I realized that the odor is coming from me and that it is not just a coincidence ( I think everybody else knows too!)

I feel like I have to defecate (go to the bathroom) at least 3-4 times a day. It is not diarhea. Sometimes I do defecate 3-4 times a day ... sometimes its just a sensation. . But the major part of the problem is an "odor". I go to the bathroom as soon as I wake up around 8AM.(I know that's late...). But then around 10 AM. again when I'm in class I have this burning sensation in my lower back (near the kidneys.. I think.. Its just an estimate) and I am giving off an involuntary odor (which I think is directly coming from inside.. from my intestines)(Just like there is an odor when you feel like you have to go). I am not passing gas. So if I go to the bathroom assuming that I have to go because of this odor sometimes I do defecate .. sometimes I don't. This is happening lots of times during the day. I am practically spending the whole day in the bathroom either as an attempt to defecate or to stay away from people because of this odor. How do I solve this problem? !!! What is the reason for this!!!

The bowel looks normal usually. (The only exception was yesterday when the first time I went.. it was a tiny tiny bit loose... but after that ..the 2nd , 3rd time it was normal)

PLEASE HELP SOON AS I DON'T THINK I CAN ATTEND EVEN ONE MORE DAY OF WORK/SCHOOL at this rate. And as that's not enough now we got moved into a tiny room in which 4 people including me need to work in.! PLEASE PLEASE HELP SOON!!!!!

I would go to the doctor but everyone in my family is yelling at me saying that I am making a tiny problem.. (psychological according to them) a big one and this way I going to end up with a bigger health problem.

But I know that I need help. Everytime I'm with someone I am producing this odor! (Not on purpose!!!! and not gas... it is coming from inside). AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO NOTICE!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
(male)

rrr111 HB User
Re: Odor and bowel problems!

I can't say that I have ever heard of that or know what may be causing your problems. All I can say is I sympothise with what you are going through. The reason I replied was just this. Do not let anyone talk you out of or shame you out of seeking proffessional medical advice. If you are have medical issues that are effecting your life in such a way or are concerning to you then please see your physycian. In the end you are ultimately responsible for you medical health and if you feel you should talk to a doctor then by all means do so! Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Could you have a hemhoroid?? If it flairs up there is no way you can wipe yourself right all the feces get stuck around the hemhorroid and will start to smell. The burning could be the hemorhoid also. Next time you use the bathroom try cleaning yourself really really well, with wet paper towels, hemhoriod wipes, then in a half hour go back and clean again. Do you only shower? If so, take some baths and soak. If one only showers and their butt or feet have a tendency to "smell", the only way you can get the smell to go away is to soak. Have you ever put some food in a container and even though you washed it with hot soapy water it still smelled like the food? However if you put hot soapy water in the container and let it sit and soak, THEN smell it, the smell is gone - same with the feet and butt areas...

Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
(male)

youbetcha HB User

ASDFA,
I went through the EXACT same situation you have described and I know what a terrible thing it is to go though but you CAN and WILL feel better if you put your mind to it. The first thing to do is change your diet and add a fiber supplement. I use metamucil and after the first few days of taking it I felt like a million bucks!

As for diet goes, you will notice an improvement with minor changes. For breakfast I have RaisinBran. It is loaded with fiber and actually tastes good, followed by either an apple or an orange. Lunch generally consists of a sandwich between whole wheat bread, some chips or pretzels, yogart, and an apple. I also take 3 metamucil pills after lunch. Dinner is generally a well balanced, home-cooked meal or somethign from a dine-in resturant followed by 6 metamucil pills.

I have completly eliminated fast food from my diet. With this your energy level will increase, stomach aches will cease, and skin will feel better(I didn't believe it but it does). I drink about 3 20 ounce bottles of water a day in place of soda. When I want a snack, I grab a fruit or yogart instead of a candy bar.

I have made a complete turn around and I owe it all to chaning my diet and adding a fiber supplement to my body. The psychological part is still in my mind, however. Let me know if you would like to talk more about that. I am still trying to get over it and have a hard time talking about it openly but since it is a common trait among us it may help.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread