It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
(female)

almostdone HB User
fissure and rectocele surgery

This board has been a blessing to me because I am finding so many answers that I needed.

About 12 days ago I had surgery for anal fissures, hemorrhoids and rectocele repair. I am still in so much pain and I wasn't quite sure if I was just being a big baby about the pain or if it was even normal. The dr certainly didn't prepare me for this - although I knew it would be painful, I just didn't know what type of aftercare to expect.

I was initially supposed to return to work after 2 weeks, but just the thought of sitting in a chair for 8 hours- in pain, and still taking the pain meds like I am just depressed me because I thought I should feel better in 2 weeks. And God forbid I have a bm because I'm totally incapacitated in pain for at least 3-4 hrs. I have only been out of the house a couple of times because walking around just makes it worse. Luckily, my dr advised 2 more wks off work.

If anyone has any further advice on how to handle this, I'd love to hear it. I'm still doing my sitz baths, drinking plenty of water, cotton balls on the wound, stool softeners, trying my best to eat right -actually I'm still trying to eat as much soup and jello as I can stand because I'm terrified of hard stools.

Also, I have been passing gas a lot (accidently). Is this normal? My family hates it, but I can't help it. Has anyone else had fissure surgery w/rectocele repair? I was just trying to figure out which is the worst evil that is causing so much pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: fissure and rectocele surgery

Your have tought me a lesson. I wouldn't let them touch mine.

I can immagine how sore it is. Lucky you can control your stool. I hope you'll get well soon.

Pika.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
(male)

ld3340 HB User

Heres a tidbit for those AFTER surgery. Had hemorroid surgery at 3:00 pm. home at 6:30, Had an awful night, 9:00am I never had so much pain. 11:00am, Had to move a bowel, the anus went into spasm, keeping it closed, the stomach also went into spasm pushing out, Pleanty of stitches because of the little extra performed, 12:00pm I am back at hospital, I can hardly breath, my body is pushing in all different directions. It felt like my anus was blocked, I never had my stomach push soo hard, oh and the stitches were just awful, Now comes the poor ER doc (they wheeled me straight to a room) and were ready for some arterial bleeding, I can only moan in pain....then he rolled me over on my side, blood, stitches, contraction, and ...He did a full probe. It was the loudest scream I've ever heard, and it was me. I prayed to pass out. The surgery that was longer than usual wasn't even 12 hours old. I was given a shot of toradol- after. Im 43, and I laid there and bawled in pain. It is now post op, 2 weeks, and all is normal. couldn't tell I had it. Am I a wuss? I didn't think so til then. There are sometimes exceptions to surgery. I would still do it again if I had to, but not with the pain shot after!!! Wish all of you an easy recovery.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User

oh lord that sounds awful, one with 12 years of pain and one that had horrid pain that no one wants to think about.

Closed Thread