It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Rust Color?

Hello All (and a big hiya to Harry remember me?)

I will make this short and sweet. I have a great deal of health anxiety, so I will TRY to not freak out. Yesterday and today I have had rust colored stools. They do not smell more than normal, I have not changed my diet, I have not taken any new medication. I do have some mild stomach pain and cramping, but nothing else. There is a stomach virus going around, and my little boy got roseola, and my hubby had the same cramping with mucos in the stools. i am taking primal defense (the best stuff ever) and it helps with the discomfort. nothing hurts more when palpated. should I wait and see? I am only 29 with very little family history of cancer, i did have a very severe colon infection in 2003, but had a barium enema as well as upper gi series, all was clear and good. what do you think?
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Rust Color?

anyone? Harry?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hello nyxin,
Sure I remember you -- you use to teach horseback riding in Colorado. Now you have 2 children and with all your posts -- you have been posting about being pregnant and child care.

I gave you lots of advice about diet and vitamins/supplements mostly on the Digestive board.

The color of your stool is mostly determined by what you eat. Beets will turn it sorta redish and test positive for blood in a hemocult test of your stool. Pepto Bismol will make it very dark even black.
Also, Primal Defense turns my stool dark ---and I think it is derived from dirt--Homstatic Soil Organisms-- that means dirt.
And of course viruses can cause stool color changes.

I suggest that you start eating yogurt several times daily-- the friendly bacteria will help.
I like Stonyfield Farms products best--- It contain 4 additional friendly bacteria --- L. reuteri (patented culture made from mother milk in Sweden) is only in this yogurt in the entire North America continent. It is great for getting rid of intestinal viruses caused by E coli, samonilla. lysteria and others l It is also made with whole milk for babies.

Take Care~~~Harry

Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

you are the best as always Harry!

I think i had/have a virus. some wierd bug is floating around and making alot of people moderately ill for long periods of time. As of yesterday, things were starting to get back to normal.

i don't think i am dying today.

great to talk with you. oh, one question, do you suggest the yogurt over the primal defense? my hubby has c-diff and the primal defense is AMAZING at getting that in control.
??
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2006, 07:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow Re: Rust Color?

I know very little about that type of colitis /diarrhea condition.
To learn more about C dfficile just go to the top of this page-- and use Google and type in C Diff-- and search on the WEB.
There are some very good links about it.

I think anything that helps re-establish friendly bacteria in the intestines is great. I would take both Primal Defense along with the yogurt. Yogurt is not near as strong as Primal Defense but it is soothing to the intestines and very helpful.

God Bless~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 03-01-2006 at 07:04 AM.

Closed Thread