It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

Julie06 HB User
mustard yellow color bowels

I need help, For the last two years...I have noticed I have soft yellow stools....no pain or any other syptoms. and they do not smell...what could this be, and it this normal...I am 38 years old....I need to know if this is not, and should I go to the doctor..kinda embarrass to talk to the doctor about this but I am kinda worried because every time I wipe, it is a mustard yellow colored on the toilet paper and I ask my husband, and he said it was not normal....Please help...Thanks

Old 03-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User
Re: mustard yellow color bowels

Julie-I have a colon surgeon because of my colon resection in December. I was having this same thing going on, and when I would mention it, she showed little concern, if any. I haven't noticed it since my surgery really. I think it probably has to do with the speed things are passing through you, if I had to guess. I think the color comes from bile, and its stage of digestion. I am not sure there is anything that is "normal" for everyone. Probably something to ask a doctor about when you are there for an appt., but I am not sure I would make a special trip in about it. Just me though! I would guess if you have had it a couple of years, your weight is stable and you aren't having any pain or other symptoms, I think this is probably your "normal," so don't worry too much!

Renata

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
(male)

MrShannon HB User

Hi, I can relate to the yellow color. I've been going through the same thing. Lately, though, It's been changing back in forth from dark brown, to yellow. Sometimes, the same stool will be to completely different colors, on half will be yellow, and the other half will be brown. Anyone ever here of this?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

Most of your stool color comes from what you eat. If you eat carrots, it will be orange, if you are eating nothing but bread, it will be yellow. If you take vitamins, it could be dark green or yellow. Nothing is wrong here.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

I agree with Momma Bee to an extent. However, what colors the stool is bilirubin and iron - the iron makes it darker. I would suggest having your iron and your bilirubin levels (liver) checked. Too much bilirubin will make it yellow, too little IRON could do it too.

Last edited by Sunlover; 04-01-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
(female)

joanner HB User

SILVERY WHITE, GRAY or PALE YELLOW STOOLS

If your stool lacks the normal brown color for more than a day or two, you need to alert your physician as disorders involving your liver, gall bladder or pancreas may be the cause, and may represent a serious disease.

If this has been going on for a while I would go see my doctor. I would be worried if I had pale yellow stools and I would get it checked out.

Joanne

Closed Thread