It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Found a Pediatric GI Finally

Maybe I will finally get some answers,I have posted before under a hirschsprungs disease pot that someone else created. My daughter is 2 yr old. She has been dealing with constipation for about a year now. Her ped just says she is fine and give her milk of magnesia every day. Which Is alot for a 2 yr old Don't you think? The earliest appt is april 24th. I am still concerned about Hirschsprungs,Mainly because the constipation,Up and down iron levels,The swollen belly. etc. Lately when she has a bowel movement (on the M.O.M) they don't smell like it. It smells like a sewer it is that bad.It has happened alot now. Which leads me to believe something is going on in there. Also when she does have BM on her own she straind alot,Which makes her have some blood in it. This has just been an ongoing battle. I hope it is going to be solved and fixed for her own health and happiness. Thanks for reading.
C

Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

tinkerbell4dg HB User
Re: Found a Pediatric GI Finally

Hello,
I just read your post and my heart went out to your little girl..I hope they are able to help her..I know it is hard for me to see my little one constipated..and that only happen every once in awhile like if she drinks to much milk...Good luck with your daughter..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

angelique5 HB User

I have the son with Hirschsprung's... it's been several years since my son went thru all of his diagnosis, and operations, etc...but if there's any questions you have, or concerns, or just want to chat about it... I'd be more than happy to! My email is [email]REMOVED[/email]. if you ever want to write to me directly!

Glad you got an appointment!!
Angel

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-08-2006 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Talking Re: Found a Pediatric GI Finally

Hi Guys thank you for your support. Angel can I ask you,When I go to the GI I am going to tell him about my concerns with Hirschsprungs. What tests do you think I should ask him to perform. If you know. Thank you
Today I only gave her 1 tsp of the M.O.M and she had a still very soft BM that smelt just awful(not like an ordinary BM either) And she isn't eating anything different either so it isn't that. AND AT LAST 1 FULL DAY W/OUT DIAHRHEA. I think I will kepp on with the 1tsp instead of the 1 tbsp. But I will have to up it a little if she stops again,Wich is very likely. Hopefully not though. I will keep you updated on her. Thank you guys
C

Old 03-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
(female)

angelique5 HB User

I think ususally, they'll start with an x-ray...often, there is a "transitional" area of bowel that can be seen... where the normal bowel, above the affected portion, is quite distended (aka megacolon). I've heard sometimes this is done with a barium enema. My son's wasn't.

The one test that is always definitive for HD is a rectal biopsy. A small plug of tissue (or more than one possibly) is taken and examined for ganglion, or nerve, cells. A lack of nerve cells means it's definately Hirschsprung's.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

Ok. Thank you

Closed Thread