It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Feels like a bowl blockage (Colitus related)

Hi , my husband has Colitus and he spent part of yesterday vomiting(but stopped after 6 hours ) , and has a lot of pain in his lower left abdomen that seems to have moved lower since then . After a trip to the walkin clinic (which was usless because the girl doing the xrays screwed up his xray so the doctor couldn't tell if he had a blockage or not ). The doctor said if sounded like either an absess or diverculitus (sorry for the the spelling )so he gave him some perscriptions for antibiotics and some steroid. He still feels like he has a "blockage "somewhere in the lower ab but it is moving , my question is if it was an absess would it move like that ?

Last edited by engineer1961; 03-13-2006 at 07:30 AM.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: Feels like a bowl blockage (Colitus related)

Hi Engineer

It could be a blockage. The thing with pain is that when somebody is in alot of pain ( i experience this alot ) they start to develop whats called phantom pains, these are pains located in other parts of the body that are not really pains. Sounds confusing but when someone is in alot of pain is messes up the signals to the nerve cord and the brain which makes us think we are in pain elsewhere than the original place.

Probably your husband is still in pain in the original spot but he thinks it is moving when in actual fact it isnt.

if it is a blockage he needs hospital treatment especially with him being sick. Does his sick smell like faeces??? Sounds horrible to ask but when somebody has a blockage of the bowel and they start being sick it can be that they are vomiting faeces because they can not pass it out through their bowel.

Everytime i get my blockage i require hospital treatment as a person is at high risk of dehydration.

Good luck i hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread