It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
(male)

tom84 HB User
large amount of stool

I am not sure if I have a real medical problem. My problem is that I seem to produce an unusually large amount of stool in one movement. Sometimes I even have trouble with toilets getting clogged up. I had a rather embarrassing case of this recently. I don't have any other sort of symtom related to this. My stool is 1.5 to 2 inches across and 1.5 to 2 feet long. I have tried to weigh them but the only accurate scale I have tops out at one pound. They all weight more than that and I estimate that 1.25 to 1.5 is typical but it is possible I have had some as heavy as 2 pounds. I am 6'6" and 230 pounds. I have a big appetite but I don't eat a large amount of fiber or anything like that. I want to know if there is anything to see a doctor about here, or if there is anything to do about this. It is an awkward thing to talk about and I only talked to a doctor about it once in high school. He told me that any size was normal unless there were other symtoms. I didn't tell him I gad trouble with toilets though. I want to know if anyone has any advice.

Last edited by tom84; 03-30-2006 at 03:02 AM.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: large amount of stool

Do you have daily BMs? If not, getting on a schedule of having one per day might reduce the volume (per stool).

You could try a little more fiber in your diet, see if you get more frequent & hopefully smaller BMs. Sometimes fiber & liquid make for a stool that, although large, will be soft enough to decompose with flushing pressure.

Some of the newer toilets that save water are gutless; you could check out special high-power flushers. I thing there's even a toilet out there that sort of has a blender-type thing in the trap.

Otherwise if everything is normal, keep a supply of disposable plastic knives (do not flush) to hack up the big ones. That's less nasty/less work than having to unplug toilets & even remove/reseat them.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

MzTami HB User

I'm not sure, but I heard on t.v. that it is good to have large BM's, because it means that all of the food that you have eaten is actually being digested. It's a sign of a healthy digestion system. I know that a lot of children have large BM's(my children's BM's are larger than mine) HTH

Old 03-30-2006, 03:26 AM   #4
(male)

tom84 HB User

I usually have a bowel movement every one or two days. It is not uncommon to skip a day, but sometimes I have two in one day and the size doesn't always have much relationship to the length of time since the last one. I have tried to go to the bathroom earlier than I would otherwise but usually I can't "go" if I don't feel the urge.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Plasturd HB User

You have tried to weight your bowl movements ??? wholy crap

Old 03-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
(female)

suzyisdizzy HB User

Weighing them eh? You like to know the stats don't you?
To me it sounds like you don't have anything wrong at all. Better it is going out than staying in. If they aren't loose and don't have any blood or mucus in them then they are fine. My boyfriend has large bowel movements too. He flushes the toilet a few times while he is going to prevent it from clogging. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Plasturd HB User

Suzie I have been married 29 years and my wife knows nothing about that part of my life hahah how you know dat ?

Closed Thread