It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #1
(female)

kk1632 HB User
Please help soon - do I have hemorroids?

I would like as many responses as quickly as possible as if these probably are not hemorroids, I want to call my doctor ASAP. Thanks in advance.

I'm experiencing extreme pressure in my lower back. This sensation has come and gone a few times starting last fall. It seems to be getting worse each time as well. It feels internal, and feels as though it is between my colon and tailbone (closer to the colon). To be descriptive, it feels like somebody put a giant 50lb ball of lead in my rectum. The pressure is so bad, I'm having trouble sitting in an upright position. I notice the pressure when I walk and lie down, but it is strongest when I'm sitting upright. I've tried doing research on hemorroids, but although some of the symptoms are the same, not all are. And if it's nothing to worry about and I'll just have to deal with it, I don't want to bother my doc. I have been having a lot of bowel movements lately, but usually get up with the feeling of not being finished, but not being able to "go" anymore. I haven't been having real bleeding from my rectum - only a little once in a while, but I think that's from wiping so much from so many bowel movements.

Should I call my doctor and get this checked out right away? Or does this sound like a case of hemorroids? Any advice, suggestions?? Thank you so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #2

mike798 HB User
Re: Please help soon - do I have hemorroids?

I'm not really sure but I would get checked out. I have a bit of blood in the stool and had an appointment today with my doctor. He referred me to someone else who is going to examine inside. The way I look at it is you may as well get it checked out, because if it does get worse, you'll certainly be glad you did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Carly3 HB User

Even if it is a case of hemorrhoids you should be checked out by your doctor. The symptoms you are having are bad enough that you need professional intervention.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

kk1632 HB User

Thank you for the responses. I have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon. I did find a big hard round lump about the size of a golf ball at the base of my spine, so that's probably where my problems are stemming.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
(female)

kk1632 HB User

Turns out that it was a cyst. Saw an outpatient surgeon and will be having a follow up later this week.

Closed Thread