It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
(male)

DooleyBoy HB User
10 days post op hemorrhoidectomy

finally did it after 20 years of suffering from polapse and bleeding from internal and external hemorrhoids......I was anemic from loss of blood and had been rec'ing transfusions for years because I refused to even consider 'roid surgery........all I heard was that it was extremely painful.

uh, yeah, it is.

so now I am 10 days post op, haven't gone back to work yet (secretarial). Bosses want me back tomorrow and I don't see any way I can do it....I cannot sit all day. Is it normal for pain and discomfort to last this long?

Had first bm 6 days post op....horrible horrible, thought I was dying. I am still having to do a sitz bath after each bm to get my poor rectum to unclench and relax.

I had all 3 columns removed and sutured. Didn't do the stapling, my surgeon not a fan of it at all.

When am I going to feel normal? I am eating ok, very careful what I eat, drinking lots of water & juices, doing the stool softener and fiber route. I poop once a day sometimes twice. Still hurts but I don't black out now. But I do have a terrible aching pain in my left buttock......deep inside. Ache does not go away with heat or ice or meds. There are very sharp shooting pains from the left side of my rectum up into this painful area in my buttock. What in heck is that? Just nerves complaining? It makes me jump and yelp when it happens.

so glad found this board....I need to talk to some folks who have gone through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
(male)

ld3340 HB User
Re: 10 days post op hemorrhoidectomy

Mine lasted about two weeks before I could consider it. I am at 2 and a half months for same, 2 internal,2external, and it did prolapse. I can't believe they send ya home the same day! I was in emergency the next day! my bowel was pushing and my outer muscloe spasmed closed! To check they had to do a probe!!!!! no anesthetic until afterward!!!!! anyways, at a month I was about pain free sitting down, the only difference now is i get the feeling I have to go, but nothing comes out for three days. Good Luck!! you are a tough man!! Now you can hand out the advice!

Old 04-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: 10 days post op hemorrhoidectomy

This type surgery can take 4 to 6 weeks to feel normal. Everyone is different but it is very painful.

WE that have been there KNOW the pain.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: hemorrhoid problem

While you're talking about the hemorrhoidectomy, most of you must be gone through what I've now. I hope you can help me.

Last week when I had the CT abdomen, they gave me something to drink (Bitter yellowish liquid). Which caused me some diarrhea. It started causing my hemorrhoid itchy but no bleeding.

Last Tuesday, I only took a light iron pill once because I'm anemic. I start has my hand and feet swell a little and constipated so I stopped it. 3 days had no BM. Friday, I'd the BM. Of couse it hurted a lot and I sat with tears. After that, I have sore hemorrhoid. I'm expecting it'll go after a day but it didn't. It still very sore especially has the BM. Now, I feel all the time it looks like want to has a BM. Looks like a pressure, something wants to push out. Is that mean my hemorrhoid infected or .... ?

Did you all have colonscopy to find out how many hemorrhoid that you had? Were the Dr. band it right away at the colonscopy procedure? Would it hurt? The sore will last for how long? I'm going to have my gastroscopy this wednesday. Dr suspected I bleed some way and lost my blood caused me anemic. I'm very scare the Dr will check my bottom as well. I hope my hemorrhoid will shrink before they discover it.

Pika.

Closed Thread