It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

ratman48 HB User
Involuntary Bowel movement

Can anyone advise me ,I am a 48 yr old male with a hard physical job,who drinks lager most nights after work . I dont get blottoed just a few cans in front of the telly. I also suffer from IBS. I take Paracetamol every morning with Ibruprofen so my aching joints will get me to work.But just lately I have had a couple of mishaps and I would like to know if its my age,my drinking taking the tablets or something else happening. After going to the loo the other morning I did the buisness as usual but about 5 minutes after i broke wind but I followed through ,"Yuck" its the 1st time its ever happened and i pray its the last , is it my lifestyle ,my age or something else. also on one occasion after having a wee in the morning I washed my hands and as i started to clean my teeth there was seepage from my penis that i couldn't seem to control. That also has never happended before . am I ready for the knackers yard ?

Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
(male)

john the bomb HB User
Re: Involuntary Bowel movement

Do you have any numbness in your back?Can you control your urination?Is it a lot of stuff with the accident?Let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
(male)

ratman48 HB User

No I dont get numbness in my back and apart from the one accident yes i can control my urination . as for the amount in my bowel accident it was what one may call a wet fart if you know what i mean . there was enough to go change my pants and have a shower anyway.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
(male)

john the bomb HB User

I would not be too concerned.If it persists,then you can always talk to someone about it.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
(male)

mt1971 HB User

I agree with John. Although it must feel fairly horrible, just the once should not be any causde for concern. If it does happen again then maybe you could think about alterning your habbits such as more exercise, more fibre and les alcohol.

One thing that you shoudl be really careful of is taking too must ibruprofen. It is a bowel irritant. Never take it without food, and try tio stick to paracetomal. I got bowel ulcers partly from taking too much ibroprofen! Now I only take it very occasionally.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

Hi Ratman: I have IBS too and have had it for about seven years now. Mine is quite painful and I take Methadone for the pain I experience everyday.

About two years ago, I started having the same problems you describe. I would have what I called "accidents" in my pants. Once it happened at work and another time it was in a public place. Fortunately, both times were not a lot, but enough I had to get home and clean up. I finally ended up seeing my GI doctor and after a colonoscopy and a fecal sample he sent in for testing, it came back that I had Clostridium difficile. There are a couple antibiotics that can be used to clear up this bowel infection, but the one that is used the most is Vancomycin. I'm not sure about the UK, but here in the US, it's quite expensive. A two week regiman costs about $1,200 here. I was finally able to get rid of mine after four regimans of the medicine (which didn't work on it) by having a fecal transfer, with my wife being the donor. It isn't a pleasant experience to go through, but you might want to check with your doctor.

As far as the urination problem, I would say that is most likely age related, but you can't be sure. Again, maybe asking your doctor about it would be best.

Closed Thread