It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

pxd867 HB User
Incomplete evacuation after bowel movement?

I know that with IBS a lot of people have a sensation of incomplete evacuation, but I have this feeling at times after a bowel movement, and there definately seems to be stool remaining in the rectum.

I have issues with bleeding, and there is suspected hemorrhoids. My question is this- Can internal hemorrhoids lead to the sensation of incomplete evacuation? By this I mean, can hemorrhoids block stool from fully coming out of the rectum?

I notice that when I pass quite loose stools, I don't have this feeling of incomplete evacuation, but a few days ago, when I had bulkier stools, I managed to get most of them out; but there was still what felt like quite a sizeable amount of stool remaining in the rectum. The stools weren't really hard either. I get the feeling that if I was to strain quite hard, I could get them out- but obviously this could cause more problems in the future.. Therefore, I've been left with stool still stuck in the rectum...

Any ideas?

Last edited by pxd867; 05-13-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
(female)

zoelee HB User
Re: Incomplete evacuation after bowel movement?

Hi there, I saw your posting when I run a search on "incomplete evacuation", as I have the similar symptom. I was just wondering if you ever figure what kind of problem you were having and if you have it fixed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread