It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
(male)

spiderman84 HB User
Blood on stool, mucus, diarrea, internal hemroids

Hello,

Fort the past couple weeks, I have had some blood off and on (more on than off) on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. Initially, the stool was the same as before. Recently, it has become loose and feels like it will be watery but never is. I now have to go to the bathroom 3-6 times a day rather than 1-2. I went to see a doctor and he examined me. He said I have internal hemroids and to drink more water and take in more fiber. I have been doing so for the past few days and this has resulted in more bowel movements daily.

I also see white mucus on my stool. The stool used to be 1-2 larger pieces before all this started. Now, it is many pieces but is not watery. Sometimes, there is just some blood on the toilet paper. Other times, there is blood on the toilet paper and a little bit in the toilet.

If this is internal hemroids, how long before the blood goes away and how long before my stool goes back to normal? How long before the number of bowel movements decreases?

I did go to an internal medicine doctor and am now waiting on some blood test results. Can this be an infection that is causing the blood and more bowel movement?

Any info is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

kmmmmie HB User
Re: Blood on stool, mucus, diarrea, internal hemroids

This Is So Embarrassing To Talk About But Not So Bad Over The Computer... For About Two Weeks Now I Have Had Bleeding After Bm With Mucous- Sometimes It Feels Like I Have To Go But Nothing Comes Out But Blood And Mucous- I Am So Worried- I Have A Dr's Appt In A Couple Of Days- Also My Stool Is Flat Shaped & Soft- It's Been This Way For A Long Time Now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
(male)

maverick50 HB User

Hi guys...

I was wondering how you got on regarding your problems?

I have been having the same problems for the past couple of months..I have been in consultation with my doctor and was diagnosed with internal hemroids/piles.
In the last week I have had sclerotherapy but have still had the bleeding and occasional mucus in my stool since then.

Does anybody know how long it takes for the bleeding etc to stop post sclerotherapy?

Old 12-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
(male)

ld3340 HB User

Hi, My six year battle with that stuff is finally over! As for bleeding after a movement, mine went a year, it was internal hemms. Sometimes it was more blood and made me nervous when it dripped! but it still was nothing my doc got worried about- that is after all other things had been ruled out, and it is definately internal and or external rhoids. Mine were affected by lifting, coughing, poor diet, soft stool! which irritates, hard stools for obvious reasons. The fix was a hemmarhoidectomy For me it was almost outpatient. I went it at 6:00am and went home at 7:30pm Next was 3 days of agony. I asked to go home early, don't do it!!! You may feel good, but when that novacaine wears off whew!!! I went right back in! So, just stay there, act like a baby if you have to, they have the right meds there! It only hurt for 3 days, but was it worth it? you bet. Good luck

Old 12-11-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
(female)

vcort HB User

You are the first to say that your hemorrhoidectomy only hurt for 3 days. I had one done on Thursday, Dec 7. Today is Monday, Dec 11 and I am still in much pain. It hurts the worst when I do bowel movements. Was it the same for you? How did your pain go away so quickly? I want to know how I can reach that level that soon also. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
(male)

bugsy55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmmmie View Post
This Is So Embarrassing To Talk About But Not So Bad Over The Computer... For About Two Weeks Now I Have Had Bleeding After Bm With Mucous- Sometimes It Feels Like I Have To Go But Nothing Comes Out But Blood And Mucous- I Am So Worried- I Have A Dr's Appt In A Couple Of Days- Also My Stool Is Flat Shaped & Soft- It's Been This Way For A Long Time Now.

I have the same symptoms. How did yours turn out???

Closed Thread