It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

pond44 HB User
Diarrhea everytime after I eat for a week now. please help

I started having diarrhea after I eat a week ago and it is still happening. I have not changed my eating habbits or anything else.

Sometimes I cant even finish my meal because I have to run to the toilet. And I'll go, and then I normally have to end up going back to the toilet 2-3 more times in the next 15 minutes.
Nothing is coming out solid, it is always a yellow color. Last night I did eat tomato soup and peanut butter sandwichs and I lasted all night till this morning I had to run to the toilet.

I ate a bowl of cereal and before I even got finished my stomach was rumbling. Yesterday I was eating a pork sandwich and water and before I finished I had to run to the toilet.

Sometimes it gets a little painful in my stomach when Im sitting on the toilet. I am not nauseated or anything like that though.

Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong with me. I am 26 and now I dont even want to eat and go anywhere or go out to eat anywhere. This really sucks, someone please help me.

The Following User Says Thank You to pond44 For This Useful Post:
imaguy (04-26-2011)
Old 07-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Diarrhea everytime after I eat for a week now. please help

Have you tried Immodium or Kaopectate? Maybe you have flu or a bacterial infection and need to see the doctor? You should probably not have caffeine for awhile, keep drinking plenty of fluids, maybe take an acidiphilus supplement or other probiotic like yogurt to try to get your intestines balanced. Also, bulk-forming fiber supplements. Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
(male)

noptical HB User

Something like that happens to me too for this last year. It's like, a few minutes after I eat I want to go to the toilet immediately and its kind yellowish (more like, light brown) and not too solid, or sometimes even completely watery. Sometimes I also get pains in the abdomen area until I use the toilet. And even if I do, I'll probably go once or twice more after that. Really annoying, I can't even eat something outside home. And I hear rumbling from my abdomen very frequently which is annoying and embarassing when happens in public.
*sigh*

Damn it's even disgusting to write about

I am 18 by the way

Last edited by noptical; 07-10-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

Mcnervous HB User

i also have had that although its getting a little better. my doctor said i have IBS but the opposite of the one where you are constipated. He prescribed my hyoscamine sp? and it works okay. he also said that taking imodium every day is fine. sorry you are going through this. i know how much it sucks.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It could be a few things, but most importantly you should go to your doc and have stool samples done. If nothing comes of the results, get referred to a gastro doc.

I had that long before I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.

In the meantime, you should get a bottle of good probiotics to help balance the flora in your gut. That could help with the diarrhea as well.

quincy

Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #6
(male)

noptical HB User

quincy
It seems that it's not always like that, sometimes my stools are normal...
What were your symptoms? Was it always diarrhea?
And is ulcerative colitis curable?

Thanks!

Last edited by noptical; 07-14-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

hllspawn HB User

I had diarrhea every time I ate for two and a half years before I was diagnosed with Crohns disease, which is an inflammation of the small intestine. Never colored yellow, but EVERY time I ate.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #8
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noptical
quincy
It seems that it's not always like that, sometimes my stools are normal...
What were your symptoms? Was it always diarrhea?
And is ulcerative colitis curable?

Thanks!
As I read this I thought WOW did I write this and not remember, Im also 26 and have been going through the same thing to the T. It hard to go out to eat with friends or even my BF. Im not sure if you had but I had my gall bladder remove about a 8 months ago and thats when it really got bad. Its got so bad my kids know when we are out to eat that I got almost a 10 min time frame to get home once we are done and no time to sit and chat or play. I would also luv to know what it is. I take AD pills 2 times a day and still dont do any good, it just makes me more gassy so I take gas x on top of the AD.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 07-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
(female)

RainbowGlitter HB User

I've actually been having a similar problem this week! I attributed it to stress because I've had a person stalking me and trying to get me fired!!! I'm feeling a little less stressed now, but I've still only been able to eat 3 whole meals since Monday, and even if I just snack, I have to run to the bathroom immediately after or maybe even before I'm finished. Someone told me it could be an ulcer, which scares me! I'm going to see if taking acidophilus helps, because I have some from a previous health issue. I've never had anything like this happen before, though. I'm 19 and I live in the res hall on campus too! Not a fun thing when there's a 10 minute walk back from the dining hall and even when you get back it's a shared bathroom!! I haven't really changed my diet, either... I still /try/ to eat the same things as usual... they just don't agree anymore...

The following user gives a hug of support to RainbowGlitter:
wmj (08-08-2011)
Closed Thread