It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
(male)

xbenx HB User
i have anus worms or something?

im a 16 male, and for a couple days now, my anus has been itchy, and its uncomfortable. So not tonight I looked through the mirror (sounds weird, but I had to figure things out) and looked at my anus and I saw 3-4 little white worm like things crawling around, and i looked it up on google (but first I took some toliet paper to it and try to get rid of them). I found something about pin-worms, it fits the description of what I have been feeling and seeing. Is there any way of getting rid of such a thing? I'd rather just buy some over-the-counter stuff at walmart, my parents or even my girlfriend doesn't even know about my itchy anus (ha, funny phrase), but really. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
(female)

icare2 HB User
Re: i have anus worms or something?

There isn't anything over the counter. You need to contact your doctor. There are prescription medications for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Are you in the UK

IF so you can buy over the counter meds for them.

Old 09-21-2006, 02:09 AM   #4
(female)

connie1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbenx
im a 16 male, and for a couple days now, my anus has been itchy, and its uncomfortable. So not tonight I looked through the mirror (sounds weird, but I had to figure things out) and looked at my anus and I saw 3-4 little white worm like things crawling around, and i looked it up on google (but first I took some toliet paper to it and try to get rid of them). I found something about pin-worms, it fits the description of what I have been feeling and seeing. Is there any way of getting rid of such a thing? I'd rather just buy some over-the-counter stuff at walmart, my parents or even my girlfriend doesn't even know about my itchy anus (ha, funny phrase), but really. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
In Canada the medicine is called VANQUIN, its a blood red colored medicine, you take the dosage according to your body weight. It could be called something else where you are. It's not dangerous to have pinworms, but if you have them then your girlfriend should also take the medication I would think or you may just transfer them back and forth. She could have them and not even know it.....read the article I posted for you, if you're embarrassed to tell her then maybe let her read the article about it. Hope this helps!

Old 09-21-2006, 05:03 AM   #5
(male)

xbenx HB User

hmm, thanks for the article, well its morning time, and i almost died last night, it was itching, but i finally got to sleep and now im about to drive off to school in a couple of mins, what is this stuff i read about called Pin-X? Can you just go to walmart and buy that off the shelf? P.S. I live in the U.S.A.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

x... Even if you find over-the-counter stuff, you should still tell your parents. You may get rid of your worms, but they are easily spread to the whole family via the laundry, toilet seat, etc. Your laundry and bed linens will need to be disinfected. The whole family should be treated, even if they don't have symptoms. There's no need to feel ashamed that this happened to you; it's a very contagious thing, and you could've gotten it from almost anywhere.

I remember my little sisters being infected when I was a kid. The whole family had to take a couple of pills to make sure the worms didn't spread. It was not a big deal. Just let your mom know what's going on.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
(female)

Mora HB User

My daughter who was 3yrs. at the time, got them and I called the pediatrition. He gave me a "smear" cardboard test kit to bring home and collect one to send to the lab to confirm pin worms. It was confirmed and the whole family had to be put on prescription medication. It does not come over the counter! Sorry :-( Being 16 your most likely MORTIFIED to reveil your problem to your parents but you have to do what you have to do...you could always say...someone you shared lunch with has it and you were told to go to the Dr. ...WASH...no SCRUB your hands very well...no raw fish or raw meat! Pinworm eggs are infective within a few hours after being deposited on the skin. They can survive up to 2 weeks on clothing, bedding (WASH YOUR BED SHEETS IN HOT WATER!), or other objects. You or your family can become infected and reinfected after accidentally ingesting (swallowing) (YUCK) pinworm eggs from contaminated surfaces or fingers.There are two prescription antiparasitic drugs Mebendazole and Zentel. Good Luck!

Last edited by Mora; 09-21-2006 at 12:31 PM.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
(male)

xbenx HB User

hmm, thanks for the info and support, im not so much mortified, but just embarrased and dont know how to say it, i want to just be like "mom i got pinworms, i dont feel like telling you what they are, so just call the doctor and ask him, and also ask him for some medication for it. and get crackin on washing my sheets. ok? ok, bye im going to school now." ha, perfect way to avoid an akward conversation about an itchy anus....

but if things dont feel better in the next couple of days, i will tell my mom to call the doctor and ask for a prescription and get her to get some for me and her if the doctor asks, cause its just us two in the house. but yeah, i will figure something out, my itchy'ness seems a lot better tonight so far, last night was bad heh.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

You will find that they get worse then better as successive groups of eggs hatch out. It takes a few days for the next batch to get ready to hatch. They will not go away, only multiply.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

When I used to live at home as a teenager, I used to get thread worms, not sure if same as pin worms, but used to be small about 1 inch long and white.

We had cats, and cats often have these worms, and they used to pass to me through me stroking the cats and not washing my hands before eating food etc.

The cat cleans his bottom, and then cleans his fur, transporting the eggs to the cats fur, then if children or adults stroke the cat, and then eat putting their fingers in their mouth, this is one way it can get to humans.

If you have threadworms, you can buy treatment at the chemist, or even on line.

Have you cats?

Last edited by brook65; 09-22-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #11
(male)

xbenx HB User

I do have a cat, and one dog. I dont usually pet my cat or dog. I looked up info about threadworms and it seems to be almost the same thing as pinworms. Last night wasnt as itchy, I have been washing really well around "that" area, and my hands, and keeping my nails short, and washing clothes. I have washed my sheets since the night it got really itchy though. If the worms don't seem to be dying (cause their life cycles are short, and I am trying to stay clean and washed really well and keep the eggs away from me), then I will get a prescription from the doctor for some pinworms medication.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:33 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

You can go to the doctor now, or you can go later, but it's inevitable that you will be going.

Closed Thread