It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

tracey30 HB User
Is it normal not pooping everyday?

I was very nervous two days ago and went for a poop three times in that day but i havent been since. I know this is only the second day, but should i be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User
Re: Is it normal not pooping everyday?

It's not unusual to skip a day or two between bowel movements, especially when you've have a nervous stomach and expelled an above average number of movements in one day. Usually a doctor won't even call it constipation until you've not had a movement in a week, some two weeks. Relax and it will surely work itself out. If you go a few more days and start to become uncomfortable or bloated, try increasing your water and fiber intake and getting some exercise. All of these should produce a movement, if not, then a call to the doctor should ease your mind. But remember, worrying about won't make it come either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

tracey30 HB User

Great, thanks Willo! I remember my friend hadnt been to the toilet in over a week and she was sooo ill she couldnt get out of bed. She called the emergency doctor, literally crying and begging him to come out but he wouldnt. She honestly though it was going to kill her.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User

I went two months once when I was a child. I couldn't get out of bed and lost feeling in my intestines and there was no longer any signal being sent telling my body to go. Now, I've learned to read those body signals!

Old 09-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
(female)

tracey30 HB User

Oh my god, 2 months??? Did you see your doctor? What happened? By the way, i had a bowel movement today lol

Old 09-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User

Congrats. LOL. I was...maybe 10. young. I had a mega bowel, a portion of distended bowel, and my intestine just fit it all in. I had to be rushed to the emergency room and nearly died. I was watched like a hawk until I was 18. Now I have to watch myself. LOL

Old 09-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow Re: Is it normal not pooping everyday?

You are consiidered Constipated if you do not have a BM every 3 days !!!

Last edited by Harry; 09-24-2006 at 08:00 AM.

Closed Thread