It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Barium Enema on thursday (scared)

Is it that bad, I am so scared, After what went wrong with the Colonoscopy I had on the 5th of sept. Thats why I am having this test,I have to take the evil prep Pixolax's I feel that I have had it with tests, It was only on friday that the Endo said that I am going in my meno and that within a year I will not have anymoe peroids!! I am 41 years old ever since I got told I have a underactive thyroid thing have not been right...
I am a real worrier I worry about my health all the time I am always stressed, so I am real stressed about the test...Mandy

Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User
Re: Barium Enema on thursday (scared)

A barium Enema test is nothing like a colonoscopy so don't worry! I had one when I was fifteen and I was soooo nervous, but it was a piece of cake. If you have fissures or hemmorhiods, they'll even numb you. I think sometimes they do this anyway. Then they just give you an enema with the barium solution and take their pictures. You're awake the whole time and get to see nifty picture of your insides. I know, I thought that I didn't want to be awake during this but it was nothing! And the doctor pointed everything out to me as he went and it really calmed me. It didn't hurt. Then, when the procedure is over, you're allowed up to use the restroom to expell the barium. It could take all day to get it all out, just chug your water so you don't constipated. The stuff can do that to ya.

Good luck and don't sweat it! Compared to a colonoscopy, I would take the barium any day! Hope they help you get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

You'll be fine mandy

As willo said,,,,, they are a piece of cake!!! I have never had a colonoscopy and too be honest i would rather have the barium enema than the colonoscopy anytime!!!

Tell the radiologist when you go in that you are very nervous about the procedure and i bet they will be even more reassuring towards towards you

I was really worried and nervous about having mine done but they were fantastic and was even cracking jokes with me as they were doing it

Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User

My doctor asked me if I wanted a snap shot of my colon. It was done around Halloween time, and I was 15, so I said sure. I took to school to freak people out. We do silly and gross things when we are young.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Took that evil prep and am feeling realy anxious I took it 2 hours ago and have only been once, I do have a pain in my bum and feels like presure and nosies in my belly, I wish I was not a real bad worrier, I am so scared of somthing going wrong I have to take another prep at 4pm ...Mandy

Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 AM   #6
(female)

RebbieO HB User

You're right, that stuff is evil! Before you know it you won't be able to move from the toilet!

Don't worry about the barium enema. It's more uncomfortable and a bit embarrassing than painful. The people who do these do them all the time and they will know that you are nervous and hold your hand through the procedure. I've had two or three of these but I've never been offered a photo. Not that I would have wanted one.

Rebbie

Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Thanks for your replys, I have 3 hours until my appointment.
I am still feeling scared!!

Thw prep was ok, I have been awake from 4am, Would love a cup of tea.

I hope its not to bad, Once again thanks...Mandy

Old 09-28-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Its all over and it was not that bad, I will get the results in about 3 weeks.

I do thankyou for your support...Mandy

Old 09-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

willo1980 HB User

Hoping you the best. Glad the test went OK for ya.

Closed Thread