It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

RingItOn HB User
Question Green Diarrhea ... help!

Sounds disgusting but it is true. And I didn't eat anything green!

Nine days ago I started with symptoms which appeared to be a stomach virus. Symptoms were sudden and severe including stomach and abdominal pains, profuse and watery diarrhea, nausea, fever, chills and back ache radiating into legs.

I treated it with the usual home remedies including Pepto Bismol and Imodium. I also used homemade ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish lost electrolytes.

I called my doctor and she informed me that there is a stomach virus going around and that is lasts for 3 to 5 days.

So no problem I lasted out my 5 days but didn't seem to get any better. I stopped taking the Pepto Bismol after the third day because it didn't seem to be doing anything. I know Pepto Bismol can cause black stools. My stools are green, the color of bile!

I had a new symptom appear on 9/28, severe thigh pain in both legs. And I had the return of my back pain radiating into my legs.

All my symptoms seemed to get better yesterday, 9/29, although I had a continuous problem with loose stools which were colored green. So I decided to eat a regular diet. That was around 8 PM last night. Boy was I sorry! Within in 1 hour I was quite ill with severe chills, fever, extreme nausea and abdominal pain. My problems continuted throughout the night with vomiting until I vomited up lots of bile. The vomiting lasted about two hours. When the vomiting stopped the watery green diarrhea began. It continued until 5:30 AM!

Needless to say I didn't get much sleep and I've been out of bed more than in it.

I am still nauseated, have abdominal pain but thankfully the green diarrhea from &%$ has stopped for now.

I have no gallbladder. It was removed in 1997.

Any ideas?

Needless to say I don't want to eat anything for fear of the symptoms returning full blast!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
(female)

CarolynL1983 HB User
Re: Green Diarrhea ... help!

Hey, I don't have any answers for you b/c I have never been through anything like that before...

But I will say I think you should get to the ER or Dr ASAP b/c that does NOT sound good...

Have you eaten any spinach?

Good luck!

~*~Carolyn~*~

Old 10-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Green stools usually mean you have or had a stomach bug. Probably some kind of virus. It should take a few days to go away. If not, see a doctor.
Keep well, Linda

Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
(male)

randyrabe HB User

better get checked for cd. you have a the classic symtoms of either a partial or complete obstrution.

randy

Old 10-27-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

liver99 HB User

Green stools mean nothing, I have asked my Dr several times because it keeps happening and freaks me out. She said it is nothing to worry about. Green is because of the bile, and the liver is just producing more bile at that time. It has nothing to do with what color your food is, only the bile in the liver. Always see your dr about anything unusual for you, but both my GI, liver transplant dr, and reg. dr have said green is nothing to worry about, and most everyone has green stool at some time in their lives.

Closed Thread