It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Manuka honey and bowels

Hi all

I have been reading alot about the effects of manuka honey on the bowels and the digestive system. Apparently it is very good for IBS and helps to soothe the gut and bowels, replenish good bacteria in the system in most bowel and digestive disorders. It is very expensive. I purchased the one with a high manuka factor rating..........over 20, which the higher the better, most start at 6.

I bought some on thursday, i got it shipped over to the UK from new zealand. Anyway i have been taking it since thursday and i have some big improvements!!!!! The diarreha has slowed down, i am not getting bloated as much, my pain on the right side has lessened (i would assume i had inflammation there) and in general i don't have that horrible sickly, run down feeling in my abdomen anymore.

I'm going to do abit of a trial............i am going to stay on the manuka honey for another week, then come off it and see what happens to my gut, abdomen, bowels etc.............if i go back to feeling ill then i know for sure the honey is working!!

So, watch this space and if it works they i will let you know and maybe try it out for yourself.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: Manuka honey and bowels

How did the manuka trial go? Ive just started it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

SusieO HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
How did the manuka trial go? Ive just started it
How much of it are you taking in a day? I just started it too and I am unsure of how much to use at one time.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there l had a teaspoonful when l bought it then l had another teaspoonful before l had my evening meal. Got up this morning and had a teaspoonful on an empty stomach then had a teaspoon dissolved in hot warer before my dinner. Thats it so far lm expecting miracles too soon!! Im wondering when l will feel any noticable benefit! Can anyone tell me please?

Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
(female)

SusieO HB User

Quote:
Hi there l had a teaspoonful when l bought it then l had another teaspoonful before l had my evening meal. Got up this morning and had a teaspoonful on an empty stomach then had a teaspoon dissolved in hot warer before my dinner. Thats it so far lm expecting miracles too soon!! Im wondering when l will feel any noticable benefit! Can anyone tell me please?
I did a bit more research and found out to heal ulcers you need to take 1 tsp 20 mins before each meal, on a cracker or small square of bread, and then also at bedtime. It said to be sure you do not dilute with water as the honey needs to stay thick to coat your stomach.

I wish us all the best!

SusieO

Last edited by SusieO; 01-20-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi and thanks l was surprised how nice it tastes and l dont like honey l just swallowed it off the spoon on the jar its says take after meals? You can dilute it with water if your having apple cider vinegar mixed with it too. I did buy some of that tried it for 2 days and left it l didnt give it enough time to feel any benefit . And thought l will give manuka honey alone ago. Can l ask you what your reasons are for taking the honey? Have you noticed any difference yet? Thanks again for the reply

Last edited by niecsey; 01-21-2008 at 02:35 AM.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
(female)

SusieO HB User

Quote:
Hi and thanks l was surprised how nice it tastes and l dont like honey l just swallowed it off the spoon on the jar its says take after meals? You can dilute it with water if your having apple cider vinegar mixed with it too. I did buy some of that tried it for 2 days and left it l didnt give it enough time to feel any benefit . And thought l will give manuka honey alone ago. Can l ask you what your reasons are for taking the honey? Have you noticed any difference yet? Thanks again for the reply
I just was diagnosed with ulcers and I can't take most Rx meds from the drs, so I am going the natural healing route. I think it is helping as I do feel relief from the gas and burping and less burning.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yea l havnt as much gas either! I was dxn with h pylori a few months back and got the 3 meds treatment they dont retest you here in the Uk... l think all the meds did a number on me too. I havnt had an endoscopy or anything either although l was told if l still have probs that would be the next step... something lm trying to hold off! So scared! Anyway lets hope it helps us both! Let me know how you get on and l will too cheers x

Closed Thread