It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Question Ribbon-Like Stools?

Hi,
I am having alot of problems, I have had 11 abdominal surgeries and 4 of them was for Adhesions that caused Intestinal Blockages. I am now in the same situation and seeing a Surgeon tomorrow, But I was wondering, what causes a Ribbon-Type stool?
If I eat I get watery Diahrea and nausea with vomiting, and severe abdominal pain, sweating, clammy, you name it, within minutes.
I am trying to hold onto my job by only drinking fluids at work.
If anyone is on here tonight with info, Please let me know if this is something I should mention to the Doctor. The blockages are partial and I was wondering if it is caused by the stool being "shaved" off as it trys to pass though. At least it looks like it has been shaved to a Ribbon Look.
Thanks,
StarDust

Old 11-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Re: Ribbon-Like Stools?

I did mention this to my Doctor and he thinks something in the Colon, like a polyp or the partial blockage is shaving off the only semi-solid bowel movement I ever get.
He is currently testing me for Crohns Disease. I have to go to Radiology and drink a 2 litre bottle of a soda type clear liquid in less than 20 minutes they say tastes like water, (but is radioactive). (since I am allergic to Barium).
Then they take a CT very quickly, several times and say the entire test takes almost 2 hours.
It's called a CT ENTEROGRAPHY.
Anyone know how fun this test will be ?
Thank's StarDust

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Seems like all I am doing on this board is answering my own posts. Doesn't anyone know what I am talking about ?????
I did get a call from a Surgeon the other day, my Doctor is sending me to him ASAP.
So does anyone know what a CT Enterography is like???
Thanks,StarDust

Old 11-27-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User

I have had the CT Enterography, I believe. I know I at least had to drink a big glass of clear liquid before the test. You have to get it down in a certain time period, like 10 minutes. The longest part of the test is waiting after you drink the fluid! Once the time is up, the test isn't that long. I thought this test was WAY easier than going through colonoscopy prep! Relax and drink up! It gagged me some, but I was in the emergency room with diverticulitis when I had the test, and feeling a bit nauseated anyway.

Closed Thread