It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #1

outlaw79 HB User
Distended bowel

Im not sure if I spelled it right,but I havent been eating from stress waiting for a diagnosis on my back..etc..

So i went to the dr they took an xray,and it showed the distended bowel it wasnt blocked,she said it was sleeping from not eating??

My pain is really high all over ibs like,been happening since I took medrol a steroid medcine for inflamtion.i have gastritis and gerd also..

Anybody else have this problem,i need to start eating again is anything to wory about the Dr told me just eat,and rest.Im afflicted with bad anxiety also,so thats why freak out..

Old 11-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Distended bowel

oh wow hon, that must be very painful, i had a kidney problem (also have IBS) and was passing stones, this took like 7 or 8 weeks to pass, but because of the severity and stress of the kidney stone and the lenght of time it took to pass (rather them they were several), my IBS started right in the middle of all that.

i passed the stone and knew that i was still hurting severely. my doc finally figured out that due to the severity of the spasms i was having in my right side (also the side the stone was passing thru, the right), i developed a very bad bowel infection that together with the kidney stones, has left me totally wiped, exhausted. i finally was able to get a very strong antibiotic and some meds to stop the spasming, its not all gone, ive only taken 4 antibiotic pills and several spasm stopping pills, so still have a ways to go till im much better. I have been left exhausted, physically and mentally. right now im walking like a woman of 95 years in age or 100. Doc said it was because of the amount of stress my body had gone thru, im 52 yrs old and feel like 100. So, finally am able to start seeing the "light" at the end of the tunnel. But my bowel has been told that , that part of the bowel seems to be distended as well. but, it wont act up unless im in really bad stress.

Please let your bowel rest. drink lots of liquids. Start eating very bland foods at first so you wont irritate it again, then introduce different foods to see if you can handle it. stay away from things like seeds, popcorn, or anything that is hard to digest for now. let it rest a bit, but continue eating, and add a few things different so it will start working again on its own. have you tried having some fiber so it can start working again? but take it slow. hope you feel better soon. but eat, you dont want it to stop working completely and get too lazy. drink plenty of fresh water too.
Jen

I hope you feel better soon hon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread