It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

seolfor HB User
Lightheaded after "#2"

Hello all

This probably sounds kooky, but it's true and NOT pleasant. I have very regular bowel movements - good texture, not too hard, not too soft. OK - now that that's established, here's the problem. Within a half hour of having a bowel movement in the morning, I often get extremely lightheaded, a bit nauseated, weak feeling, break out in a sweat and basically feel like I'm going to hit the floor ! This lasts for about an hour to an hour and a half and then gradually dissipates. After which, I feel perfectly normal. (???) It's scary as hell, but not actually painful. I don't have to strain to move my bowels, and I eat a good diet, so I don't really have diarreah problems.

I almost always only have a bowel movement in the morning - usually from 20 minutes to one hour after getting up. Because I have this problem, I usually don't eat until late morning because I get really sick to my stomach when I get attacks like this. It doesn't happen all the time - about once a week or two.

This is scaring the daylights outta me and my only theory is that after I move my bowels, the rest of my digestive system get into an uproar and all the blood must rush down there resulting in the lightheadedness and nausea.

Please ! Anybody who had ideas on what could be happening here, I'd LOVE to hear your input !!!!!

Thank you SO much in advance.

-Seolfor

Closed Thread