It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

hypokelly HB User
left sided flank pain(under ribs)

I am a 40yr old women,60lbs overweight.
Two yrs ago was having cramping left sided flank pain on and off.I was given a virtual CT scan of my bowels and a abdominal scope, but no colonoscopy.
I was told I "possibly IBS". So I have dealt with this for awhile.
Well, recently I have had a LOT of left sided discomfort(as if something is STUCK)I am FULL of gas and my BMs' have been almost diahrrea for some time now.Everytime I eat anything it feels "stuck" under my left rib(even a cup of yogurt".
I am afraid to go to the doctor as she will just say "Lose weight" as she always does, believe me I am trying.
I sometimes think I have a partial bowel obstuction.
I had aTVT procedure done last year, but had to have it reversed due to the fact that the tape was eroding my insides in Sept.The tape was left inside, also the urologist stated that I had a infection due to the erosion and tape.I don't have a fever,but I didn't have a fever with the infection before infact my temp is low. My pain is not that low though, it is under my ribs.
Does any one have any ideas???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

confused226 HB User
Re: left sided flank pain(under ribs)

Hey hunny

When I was 16 I was told I have IBS because of a pain similiar to yours. I discovered that right under my left breast, on my rib or maybe under, it`s really swollen and sometimes hurts. I had an xray done. It came back that I was alright. No tumors or anything. Not even buildup of gas. But I was always constipated.

Sounds like you DO have IBS and maybe losing some weight might help you out. Changing the way you eat, drinking a lot of water, eating fruits and veggies might help too. Even exercising.

There are pills for IBS that supposedly DO work. I don`t take anything for mine though. I had pain recently and went for another xray but the results said everything was still fine. I don`t think what you have is anything serious so that`s a good thing Just try and take it easy and maybe try some of my suggestions. GOOD LUCK

*~Chrissy~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

confused226 HB User
Re: left sided flank pain(under ribs)

Hey hunny

When I was 16 I was told I have IBS because of a pain similiar to yours. I discovered that right under my left breast, on my rib or maybe under, it`s really swollen and sometimes hurts. I had an xray done. It came back that I was alright. No tumors or anything. Not even buildup of gas. But I was always constipated.

Sounds like you DO have IBS and maybe losing some weight might help you out. Changing the way you eat, drinking a lot of water, eating fruits and veggies might help too. Even exercising.

There are pills for IBS that supposedly DO work. I don`t take anything for mine though. I had pain recently and went for another xray but the results said everything was still fine. I don`t think what you have is anything serious so that`s a good thing Just try and take it easy and maybe try some of my suggestions. GOOD LUCK

*~Chrissy~*

Closed Thread