It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

Valentine53 HB User
Question Remicade,Humara,6p

Can anyone tell me if you have bad side effects from Remicade or Humara ? I will be starting the Remicade next week. I have been flaring now for 2 months,and none of my other RXs are working. I want to know everything,bad and good from the pts point of view.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
(female)

poohpal HB User
Re: Remicade,Humara,6p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine53 View Post
Can anyone tell me if you have bad side effects from Remicade or Humara ? I will be starting the Remicade next week. I have been flaring now for 2 months,and none of my other RXs are working. I want to know everything,bad and good from the pts point of view.
I tried Remicade just once. It made my Crohn's worse. I wasn't told that this was a possibility until after the infusion. I was very scared having it done anyway, and would have seriously considered not doing it had I known of the possibility. However, this is not the case for everyone. My husband and I are exploring the possibility that Crohn's could be caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium Avium Subspecies Paratuberculosis. Not everyone with Crohn's has this. However, it would be a good idea to discuss this issue with your doctor prior to your remicade infusion because if you have MAP, remicade will cause a great deal of problems. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread