It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Colonoscopy yesterday, 1 polyp removed..sore today....is this normal?

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I have a question.

I had a colonoscopy yesterday. They found 1 polyp, which he removed. I am tender today and sore in my intestines. Is that normal post colonoscopy/poly removal? I would think with that awful bowel prep the day before, the test itself and cutting out a polyp it would be normal for me today to be tender and sore.

So those who had all this and a polyp removed were you sore for a day or more after????

Now I wait for the lab results...not fun worrying about cancer a few days before christmas.

Thanks a bunch!
slimseeker

The Following User Says Thank You to slimseeker For This Useful Post:
rochford2030 (09-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User
Re: Colonoscopy yesterday, 1 polyp removed..sore today....is this normal?

When I had my colonoscopy, I had 10 polyps removed, but they were mostly in relation to diverticulitis inflammation, so I didn't have a cancer scare really. But I was sore, even though they said that I shouldn't experience any pain from polyp removal. I mean, they give you bowel prep, blow you up with air, do the colonoscopy, and remove tissue!! I think you are doing just fine! It shouldn't last long though, or you would want to check it out in a few days, I would think.

Renata

The Following User Says Thank You to MrsQueeZ For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

It's really scared me out of shape now! I ignored to do the colonoscopy. It found that I have a lot of diverticulars, affected most of my bowel... said in the CT abdomen. I didn't have any lower abdomen pain.

Renata, are they really going to chop off all these diverticulars pockets during the colonoscopy? Do I have to go home with the sore tummy? Do I get bleed down there? Do I need a pad or nappy in case of any emergency? When the first bowel movement after the colonoscopy, would it hurt like **** ? She told me is having a look, god knows what she is going to do! May be a surprised, chop off a length of my bowel???? I find out Drs never tell truth! This board some are telling the truth, I like it! That's what I want! Thanks. Very nervous and stress now!

Pika

Old 12-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Renata,

I want to thank you for your reply. I feel much better knowing this soreness is normal.

Best of luck to you. I thank you again so much

hugs
slimseeker

The following user gives a hug of support to slimseeker:
Old 12-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Pika,

I can't help you with your diverticular questions, but I do want to wish you well. as far as the first bowel movement after the colonoscopy...I had one this evening and it did not hurt at all.

Good luck,
slimseeker

Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Normal. If it persists, call your doctor.

I had bleeding, cramping and felt just "sore" inside for a day or two after my colonoscopy and polypectomy.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:31 AM   #7
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User

No, no...they are not going to remove part of your bowel! They are probably doing the colonoscopy to see exactly where the diverticulae are, and the extent. They will be on the inside of the colon, so the diverticulae will look like holes from inside. The outpouchings are on the outside, and they won't be in that part of your abdomen!! You will not have any bleeding either. Take a pad if it makes you less nervous, but if they cut off polyps, they cauterize it right then, so it doesn't bleed. I'm sure if you had bleeding, they would keep you around until it stopped. They are not going to do anything surgery-like because for one, you are only under light sedation, only enough so you don't remember or feel the procedure. And they won't have you in a fully equipped operation room, just one set up for colonoscopies. You should be just fine!!

Renata

Old 12-21-2006, 03:38 AM   #8
(female)

MrsQueeZ HB User

OK, Daisies, I guess some people do have bleeding! I hope it wasn't much! But Pika, don't worry about them cutting off the diverticulars. Polyps are any bumps they see on the INSIDE, and they may remove those, mainly so they can do a screening for pre-cancerous cells, etc.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:43 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsQueeZ
OK, Daisies, I guess some people do have bleeding! I hope it wasn't much! But Pika, don't worry about them cutting off the diverticulars. Polyps are any bumps they see on the INSIDE, and they may remove those, mainly so they can do a screening for pre-cancerous cells, etc.
I should add that my bleeding was quite minimal -- and only lasted a day or two.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Slimseeker, I wish you all the best. Don't forget to drop a line and let us know what your report said and how you feel now?

I think I'm mentally impair now... My lower abdomen start aching..... I'm still very scare.... Thanks for the post, they won't have a knife to cut me there......

Pika

Last edited by Pika; 12-21-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Thank you all. It's almost 2 weeks later and that soreness is gone. I feel great. It turns out my polyp was an ademonous one (they turn to cancer), so good thing it was taken out..and it was BENIGN

Thanks for your help. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

I'm sorry, I better start my own post. Please see "Can diverticular shrink" !

Pika

Last edited by Pika; 01-15-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Closed Thread