It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
(male)

spiro9210 HB User
Chronic constipation. Backed up stool!

I been having chronic constipation for a year. I usually deal with it by taking lots of flax seed oil and increasing my fiber and water intake. Yesterday, the pain really got bad, and I decided to visit the hospital for the first time. Well they did ultrasound, blood test plus cat scan. All came back negative. I was then told that i have alot of backed stool. What else is new? Well, Atleast I am now sure of my problem. O.k what do I do next? Should I go get a colonoscopy? I need some good advice. Thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Chronic constipation. Backed up stool!

The ER did not tell you to take a laxative??

If you get a colonoscopy the cleaning out procedure using Go-lytely will certainly get rid of all your backed up stool.

I just wrote a post in the Information Acrhives Thread today about -- Normal BMs -- it is the Sticky Thread at the top of this page.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
(female)

Pregnantnpain HB User

Try a spoon full of olive oil before you go to bed. Wheat grass helped me alot. Wheat germ oil capsules help alot too

Old 12-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
(male)

lodgen HB User

i used fleet soda just one third of bottle ,it will make you go in 20 minutes
you will be cleanened out, i then started miralax and it just adds water
to your stool and is safe to use untill you become regular

Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
(female)

ellehcar HB User

I have recently started taking Green tea capsules (in a blister pack from Wal-Mart) for weight loss. Unfortunately no help there, but I have gone from very irregular bowel movements - as in once a week or longer even - to more than once daily. It has been a miracle help to me and I feel great. I will never stop taking it. It is definatley worth a try.

The Following User Says Thank You to ellehcar For This Useful Post:
stool (01-26-2012)
Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
(female)

tigerlilyx61 HB User

I dealt with chronic constipation for 20 years and finally said "This is enough!". Went and had colonoscopy in 2001. Because they couldn't really find anything and because of my symptoms I was diagnosed with IBS with predominant constipation. They put me on zelnorm and it has worked very well for me. Good luck!

Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
(female)

ricenbeanz HB User

Hi. I had chronic constipation all my life, painful bm's, etc. After having my first colonoscopy at age 43 (my grandmother died of colon cancer so I got screened a little early) my doctor told me that my intestines were tortioned, twisted, which is why I was constipated. He prescribed something called Miralax powder which I have taken now every morning for the past 6 years. So I would go ahead with the colonoscopy and see what they say. Good luck.

Closed Thread