It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
(male)

Sam Fisher HB User
Internal Thrombosed Clot Wont Seem To Dissolve

Hi all, I made a stupid mistake a month ago and lifted more weight than I should of which resulted in me getting a few internal thrombosed hemorrhoids. I have been doing the the sitz baths, using ice to sooth the pain, witch hazel..etc and my diet is fiber rich with fruit so thats not a problem. There has been no blood at all when going to the bathroom and a lot of the pain and swelling has gone down. It's been about a month and the pain has pretty much gone but the internal hemorrhoids with the small blood clots are still there when I look (looks like a small pea, dark in color) will the clot eventually go away? It's just taking a long time? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Sam Fisher; 12-29-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

ericollin HB User
Re: Internal Thrombosed Clot Wont Seem To Dissolve

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sometimes if a hemorrhoid is big enough or has a clot in it, it may never just go away. That is why people end up having hemorrhoidectomies.

I got a thrombosed hemorrhoid toward the end of my pregnancy. I had it looked at by 3 different doctors who all told me that the only way I would ever get rid of that one would be to cut it off. So I had a hemorrhoidectomy. It was the most pain I have EVER experienced. I don't wish that surgery on my WORST enemy.

So my recommendation to you is to keep doing all the things you are presently doing and maybe it will shrink down some more but don't count on it going away completely. Just don't do the weight lifting anymore and keep from getting any constipation. If you want a doctor's opinion, I would recommend finding a colorectal surgeon and NOT a general surgeon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
(male)

Sam Fisher HB User
Re: Internal Thrombosed Clot Wont Seem To Dissolve

Okay, will do, thanks a lot for the advice

Closed Thread