It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

nowimonline HB User
fissure problem??? Anal Stonisis???

Hello all!
I posted here sometime back after I had my hemorrhoidectomy in june 06. Although my healing process has been one hell of a ride. For the past few months I have felt decent. Atleast decent enough to contine with my life and not constantly be thinking about my butt! I knew that my surgeon did not a very good job to begin with and when i went back to see him like 6 weeks post op all he wanted to do was give me more pain pills! So I delt with it the best I could. I wasnt interested in pain meds.
So to make a long story short I thought I finally figured out where I thought the bleeding was coming from and decided to see a different dr. I thought the bleeding was coming from a tag that was removed and when I passed stool it was maybe scraping it and maybe breaking it open a bit so I thought I would go to the dr and see why he thought it hadnt healed in the past 6 months.
He did see it (it is in the 9 oclock position) and decided to do a rectal exam. It hurt soo bad! He then told me that he thought I was bleeding from a piece of tissue that wasnt healed inside and wanted me to take hydrocortisone suppositoties once a day for a few weeks and then let him examine me again to see if it was any better. About the tag, I mentioned a fissure and he said that was a possibility and wanted me to use Anusol ointment twice a day for the same amount of time. If it was truely a fissure I would probably have to have a Sphincterotomy soon. I am really worried about having a second surgury in that region because of incontinence. Not sure if I should even be worring about that!
Then to top all of it off I think I have anal stonisis. And he kinda confirmed that but wanted to try the suppositories an see if that I guess maybe relaxed. He was able to do a exam but like I said it was very painful.

I have been doing the cream twice a day and doing the one suppositoriy at night and also drinking medamucil once a day to bulk up the stool. With the cream I kinda think it is helping but who knows. And when I insurt the suppository I can tell that my rectum is alot narrower then it was before. So .. I think I am desten for surgury again...
What are anybody's thoughts about all of this.
Is the Sphincterotomy as bad as a hemorrhoidectomy???
And what do they do for Stonisis?? Is that a painful procedure????

I am just soo worried about all of this!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

ericollin HB User
Re: fissure problem??? Anal Stonisis???

Nowimonline,
Did you have any more surgery? Please let me know how you are doing. I had a hemorrhoidectomy in Sept. and now have a fissure. I am contemplating what to do about it. I have tried a few topical things but think that I need to try something else but don't really want to do the sphincterotomy. Please share any ideas on this if you can.
ericollin

Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

Sore No More HB User
Re: fissure problem??? Anal Stonisis???

I had a fissure corrected on Dec. 27. I was in extreme pain before and although I was nervous I felt desperate. Once I got past the intial visit (Very embarassing), it was all down hill from there. I am so thankful that I did not wait 3 months trying topical cream. The surgery went very well. I was not sore the first day at all. The second day I took a pain pill but was nervous due to risk of contispation. Once I survived the first bowel movement (Which was not bad either) I did take a couple of more pain pills but only about 4 through the whole recovery. I even went out on the town 4 nights later. I experienced a little pain from over doing it but was back to work less than a week later. Find a good doctor and go for it! I was in such pain before, the sphincterotomy was nothing to me.

Closed Thread