It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User
Alot of blood with BM?

I am only 21 and have been told i have hemerroids. (I think i am way too young). Anyway i have been having constipation problems but then i started to regulate more. Every time I had a BM I would bleed a little on the tp but nothing major. Well the last 2 times I went the toilet is full of blood. And today there was blood in the stool. I was just wondering what this could be? It seems like too much blood for just hemerroids. I don't have health insurance anymore (just lost my job) so i don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Paul1961 HB User
Re: Alot of blood with BM?

"...health insurance anymore (just lost my job)"

Are you still within the period to elect COBRA coverage (45 days I think)?

Cobra for one month with your old employer and make an appointment to check things out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
(male)

Grehound27 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Alot of blood with BM?

Well the last 2 times I went the toilet is full of blood.

That sounds like an Emergency Room trip...they are required by law to treat you, insurance or not! Also, check on the Cobra....the government backs you up on this requirement.

Good luck

Dave

Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
(female)

natchimabeauty HB User

Emergency rooms are for extreme emergencies and are very expensive trips. If you have not pain associated with the blood in your stool, you may have proctitis. I was just diagnosed with proctitis associated with an auto-immune type and all my medical visits, colonoscopy, and treatment were treated on a non-emergency visit. I have no idea how much the colonoscopy is going to cost me, but my insurance will only pay 70%.

I am sure that you can always work out payment plan with most treating hospital or physician.

Best of luck to you.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User

Thanks for your replys. My cobra insurance is too expensive (like almost 800 a month). And I think I am past the 45 days. I have some cramping but i have had problems with that for years and i am also getting ready to start AF.
I just don't know what to do. I am going to go get some fiber and see if that helps at all.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchimabeauty
Emergency rooms are for extreme emergencies and are very expensive trips. If you have not pain associated with the blood in your stool, you may have proctitis. I was just diagnosed with proctitis associated with an auto-immune type and all my medical visits, colonoscopy, and treatment were treated on a non-emergency visit. I have no idea how much the colonoscopy is going to cost me, but my insurance will only pay 70%.

I am sure that you can always work out payment plan with most treating hospital or physician.

Best of luck to you.
Emergency rooms are there for emergencies yes, but also for situations where you are in a lot of pain or discomfort and cannot wait for a regular office visit.

As far as expensive, it all depends on your insurance plan. If there is no insurance, there are programs available at most hospitals. Most hospitals are required by federal law to provide a certain percentage of "charity care" (free healthcare services). The only downfall to this is most of the "charity care" is used up by mid-year. The first three months of the year (jan, feb, march) are the best times to get considered for free services.

Ask to speak to a financial counselor if/when you get billed to setup a payment plan, let them know you don't have insurance and they will work with you to setup a payment plan.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

I have had this happen. I went to the doc who looked into my rectum with a clear plastic thing and said that I have internal hemorhoids. Does not happen all the time execpt after periods of constipation. Whole toilet full of blood. Usually lasts about 3 days before it heals and stops bleeding.

I am on here right now as it is happening again and the blood keeps coming. I had a BM for the first time in a week or so today (I am pregnant and very constipated) which I think tore one of them. The disconcerning thing is that it keeps bleeding. When I urinate there is blood on the paper (red blood) from that area. I have an appt. with my OB on Monday so I will discuss this with her.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
(female)

gomer4 HB User

I think that one of the goals should be to keep the stool soft; plenty of water and fiber. Harry has some good posts regarding how much fiber one needs on a regular basis.

Closed Thread