It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Ericollin Sphincteroplasty surgery next week--scared!!

Hi Ericollin,

My surgery is scheduled for a week from today, on January 18th. I am so scared to say the least. I will be having an overlapping sphincteroplasty and levatorplasty. I really like my surgeon, and trust him, but can't get over the fear I have. I couldn't fall asleep until 3:30 in the morning last night just thinking about it. I think I am "nesting" like an expectant mother trying to get ready. It is hard to make plans for a 1, 3 and 5 yr old for at least 6 full weeks. My dr. said absolutely no lifting my baby for 6 weeks! I can't even imagine it. I know I just need to face this and get it over so I can get my life back, but it is so hard! Thanks for all of the support you have been lately. I hope your feeling better.

Kelley

Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

ericollin HB User
Re: Ericollin Sphincteroplasty surgery next week--scared!!

Kelley,
I have been thinking about you a lot. Hang in there. It sounds like you really need this surgery and have a good doctor. So don't worry about your decision, you need to do it to move forward in your life. Can your doctor prescribe anything for your anxiety if you feel like you need something? Do you have relatives or friends that can help you for those 6 weeks after the surgery? I wish I could help you. My kids are similar in age to yours and my kids LOVE playing with other kids. I will keep you in my prayers. Just remind yourself, like I do, that all of this terrible rear-end stuff we are going through will get better. And we wouldn't have our beautiful children if we hadn't gone through this all.

I have not been doing that great. Monday was a terrible day for me this week as I had a set-back in my healing. I am really hoping to not need any more rectal surgery but I am getting worried because I have had such pain for so long from this fissure. I have an appointment in mid-February with a new colorectal doctor.

I believe in the power of prayer. We will get better!!!
ericollin

Last edited by ericollin; 08-23-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

ericollin HB User

Kelley,
How are you doing? I saw your other email and I wish I knew of someone that has had this surgery so that they could give you some support right now. Hang in there. You need this surgery so it will all work out for the best. I have you in my prayers.
ericollin

Old 01-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User

Hi ericollin,

Thanks for the prayers and support. I know you have been through a lot also. I have listened to the doctor, and I know what to expect, but I think I would feel more comfort from someone who has actually been through it. The nurse actually said it was good that we scheduled so soon, so I would not have too long to sit around and think about it. My surgery entails general anesthesia, 3-5 day hospital day, drains placed, foley catheter, epidural for pain control, clear liquid diet for a week, and I am just nervous about everything. I also have my 3rd full bowel prep in 1 1/2 weeks and that sucks! I hope you are doing better. I am a nurse, and it is so hard to be a patient! Thanks again. I will keep you posted. You are also in my prayers as I know how hard this must be on you and your family. My 17 month old son weighs 25 pounds, and I will be unable to pick him up for 6 weeks--this is also bothering me!
Kel

Closed Thread