It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

greenacres HB Usergreenacres HB Usergreenacres HB User
My son (4) constipation/leaking/vomiting/ketones/crystals in urine MY OH MY! (m)..

we go see a Peds Gastro on Monday. We've been dealing w/this since September. 2 trips to the ER in and 3 trips to his peds. I rcvd med records yesterday and 2nd time to ER they took blood/urine (this was within 3 days apart) and urine showed crystals inhis urine, a moderate amount. His blood showed trace ketones. YES, they told me everything was normal. IS that normal? I am so peed right now, cause if it isn't.....GRRRR! Anyway, his x-rays showed severe constipation and he was vomiting. Over and over he got better. But during this whole time at least 2-3x a day he still complains that his tummy hurts and he vomits I would say every 1-2 weeks for a whole day when it gets real bad. They did a barium x-ray and everything unremarkable. They ruled out appendicits, cause they felt no lumps or anything in abdomen. They also ruled out "supposedly" with the barium any kinks or folds in the bowels (Intussusseception) or malroitation of the bowels. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas what this might be? ALso, he had a lot of times he soiled in his underwear because he had such bad feecal impaction, the loose stuff was going around the hard stuff and leaking out.

His HGB is a bit out of whack and they did find a few WBC's in urine - but again, they told me these tests all came out normal at that time. Oh and when he says his tummy hurts, he's always grabbing the middle, by belly button but sometimes he points to the right side (he has a language disorder - verbal apraxia). THen, yesterday AM, he said "owie" when he peed. Oh and his glucose on the test was 95, which seems to be normal. (I was worried about diabetes too).

Any ideas? THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: My son (4) constipation/leaking/vomiting/ketones/crystals in urine MY OH MY! (m).

I think that your son has what my son had last year. My son was potty trained for #1 around the age of 3 but not for #2. He would constantly go and hide to have a BM. Sometimes he would have a BM in his pull-up in the middle of the night. He (WE) suffered from this problem for almost 2 years. It is called ENCOPRESIS. Type that term into a search engine and see what you find. I got my son cured in 4 days using a $50 program made up by a psychologist that I found online. I wish I could tell you the name of the program as it worked WONDERS! No doctor ever told me the term encopresis. I just heard the term from a friend and started doing my own research.

I have a few questions for you. Is your son potty trained? Has he ever physically sat on a toilet and had a BM? What does he say about using the toilet for a BM? Is he scared?

Closed Thread