It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

lambonut123 HB User
Hello brand new here!

Hello guys!

I am brand new to this fourm, I thought I would introduce myself, and tell what brought me here!

About a month ago while standing talking with a friend, I felt as if someone kicked me in stomach. I felt like I need to get the rest room fast. Once there I sat down and nothing! I felt deep pains in my stomach, and they lasted about 2 days!

About a week later I had the same feelings, and went to the bathroom, this time there was some blood mixed with mucus, I should say the blood was in the mucus! The pain went away! So did the blood and mucus at the time, was small!

I must add also that I have IBS, I have had that for 6 years, and having IBS-D my "normal" is diffrent then most peoples! Anyways, here last Tuseday the blood and mucus returned only this time WITHOUT any pain!!!

I do have an appointment set for next week firday to have colonaspy done, but I certain it is colon cancer...has anybody else had these type of symptoms? I mean that came out of the blue then weeks later presents with blood tinched mucus? BTW this bright red!!!

I plan to stay here awhile, I am not a one time poater get my answer then split..So let me know guys...I am male 31 father of 2...scared!!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

gomer4 HB User
Re: Hello brand new here!

Hey.........I don't think you should assume the worse, until you hear what the colonoscopy says. The doctor must have some ideas what this could be. The best thing to do is to just get it checked out, and try not to panic (easier said than done, I know!!!)
If you have never had a colonoscopy, I have found them to be a fairly easy procedure. The "cleaning" out is the hardest part for me, and that is fairly simple too.
Prayers.............Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
(male)

lambonut123 HB User
Re: Hello brand new here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer4 View Post
Hey.........I don't think you should assume the worse, until you hear what the colonoscopy says. The doctor must have some ideas what this could be. The best thing to do is to just get it checked out, and try not to panic (easier said than done, I know!!!)
If you have never had a colonoscopy, I have found them to be a fairly easy procedure. The "cleaning" out is the hardest part for me, and that is fairly simple too.
Prayers.............Lori

Thank you...I just wanted to know if anybody here had any of the symptoms I listed..I might add that I do not have the mucus and blood in the morning...it is my normal IBS-D stools in the morning..lol but in the afternoon I have small movemnt thats is blood and mucus but no pain.....Easing my mind before the appointment!

Thank you for the welcome!!

Last edited by lambonut123; 01-13-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Closed Thread