It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

cath1024 HB User
Flat Thin Ribbon-Like Stools: SCARED!

Hi there,
I will first start by saying I am a worry wart and always think I have some kind of cancer and hate myself for always thinking that but i cant stop.

Fot the past 6 months - 1 year I have had what i would call flat thin (not paper thin but not alot thicker) and ribbon like stools.
I do have Crohn's Diease which was active this past summer but the meds i am on have put me back in remisssion.

I had a colonoscopy about 1.5 years ago and i was told i had a fissure which is why i had some blood on my stools back then.

Now if i was to have something like cancer causing my flat thin ribbon stools something would have been seen last year on my colonscopy right?
I am terrified that something has come up since then and im having bad anxiety about it.

I also had 2 CT scans this past July/Aug to check out my Chrohns and he found i had some fistulas which i think have healed with the meds and the report also said active colitis .... would the CT scans have shown somehting if there was something bad lurking around in there?

Basicly I guess i just wanted to know if you think my flat thin ribbon stools could be or is more likely to be something other then cancer?

Would the colonoscopy have shown something last year or should i insist on another one as it has been about 1.5 yr now?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

shazcan HB User
Re: Flat Thin Ribbon Like Stools SCARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1024 View Post
Hi there,
I will first start by saying I am a worry wart and always think I have some kind of cancer and hate myself for always thinking that but i cant stop.

Fot the past 6 months - 1 year I have had what i would call flat thin (not paper thin but not alot thicker) and ribbon like stools.
I do have Crohn's Diease which was active this past summer but the meds i am on have put me back in remisssion.

I had a colonoscopy about 1.5 years ago and i was told i had a fissure which is why i had some blood on my stools back then.

Now if i was to have something like cancer causing my flat thin ribbon stools something would have been seen last year on my colonscopy right?
I am terrified that something has come up since then and im having bad anxiety about it.

I also had 2 CT scans this past July/Aug to check out my Chrohns and he found i had some fistulas which i think have healed with the meds and the report also said active colitis .... would the CT scans have shown somehting if there was something bad lurking around in there?

Basicly I guess i just wanted to know if you think my flat thin ribbon stools could be or is more likely to be something other then cancer?

Would the colonoscopy have shown something last year or should i insist on another one as it has been about 1.5 yr now?
That is the description of my stools in the past and I did suffer from chronic ulcerative colitis, but then mine would finally turn to runny poo, blood and mucuos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
(male)

lambonut123 HB User
Re: Flat Thin Ribbon Like Stools SCARD!

Mine are very similar to what both of you have stated! I have IBS-D and was told that the flats stools are related to that! I have a very small amount of blood during my afternoon bm, with mucus, I should say the blood is in the mucus...

Friday I go get a Colonosopy done, I and I am scared out of my mind as to what it is, This will be my first one! I know becasue reading other sections here on the health boards, that there is very real chance that this somthing else!

Has anyone else had small amounts of blood and mucus while having IBS-D, and it not be the big C?

Old 01-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Please Read My Post...........

Hi all! I have a post called "anyone ever hear of colonics" It will explain everything. You are all not pooping right and are backed up. Even if you poop 3-4 times a day. Your poop should be 6 inches long and wide and done in 30 seconds. If you are not pooping like that, your considered constipated.
Try to find someone in your area that does "colonics" and read about it on the internet. Healthy way of the future. Take care, Tammy..........

Closed Thread