It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Can diverticulars shrink?

Many of you had seen my past post regarding that I was afraid the dr would chop off my colon or not because of the many diverticulars?

I come in and tell you all my colonoscopy report. Dr didn't find any diverticular in my bowel. No polyp. No heamorrhoid. No bleeding. No biopsy. As clean as a white paper written all "normal".

The CT abdomen was a big mistake? Finding: Multiple diverticula are seen in relation to the large bowel affecting most of the large bowel. Colonoscopy said, "To the place of insertion the bowel was normal." Also, I asked the Dr too, she declared was no diverticular had seen.

Also I know that for ages, I got heamorrhoid. It came out as an inch. Been treated few times in the hospital. Now the colonoscopy said nothing there.

I must be having a very good diet and shrinked every things in my bowel. Mystery, mystery..... Does anyone know diverticulars and heamorrhoids can shrink and disapper within 9 months? Why you people needed surgery or operation? Should wait 9 months like me, it can strink!

I suggest everyone with the negative results (especially said cancer) double checking and checking. Like my case, it must be one report stuff up with someone! I keep the good one. No more torture!

Please comment and let me know, anyone happen like this?

Pika

Old 01-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

gomer4 HB User
Re: Can diverticulars shrink?

I have never heard of diverticular pouches shrinking or disappearing. I thought that once they were there, they were there to stay. But, hemorroids (sp?) can shrink, I think.

Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hemorrhoids are like varicose veins -- Veins that have lost their elasticity and once that happens -- it is not reversable and the same goes for diverticular pouches.

There are alot of differences between the methods that Doctors use to test your colon and alot of differences between Doctors and their interpretation of test results.

I have seen 8 Gastroenterologist in the past 15 years and if I had to go to one right now -- I would find another one.

Their methods have really changed with the invention of Fiber Optics. Many Gastro Doctors now conduct these tests in their offices and not Hospitals. That may be OK until a colon or esophagus is perforated then the Emergency Place is not readily available.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 01-17-2007 at 08:34 AM.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Harry, you meant my diverticulars will "POP"? or I can wait for it "Pop"? Would it be very hurt? I can't tolerate pain.

I hope my CT has stuff up with someone else. It is not mine.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Pika,

If you have diverticular -- they don't go away and can get infected-- It is very painful like an appendix infection.

Repeated diver infections can cause your doctor to recommend a colon resection of that section of your colon.

If a diverticular ruptures (POPs) then the contents (feces) of your colon goes into your abdomenal cavity and is extremely serious to treat can result in death. That is why doctors recommend a colon resection of that part that contains troublesome diverticulars.

As far as pain is concerned -- that is what the Pain meds are for --- to make you comfortable!!

Harry

Closed Thread