It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

Tressa33 HB User
Unhappy I cant take much more

Wow never thought i'd find myself asking this question to a complete stranger...I am a 33 yr old female who keeps having bowel movements in all the wrong places,alot in the car while trying to find a bathroom fast enough doesnt seem to work,no signs,no cramps just all of a sudden uh oh i gotta go,can anyone tell me if there's anything i can do to fix it,or should i tell my Dr. i'm cluelass and i'm really embarrassed by this...Please anyone help...Thanks ahead of time..Tressa

Old 01-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

maggiemoo HB User
Re: I cant take much more

Tressa,

Have you had children? It might be related to childbirth. Please get in and see your doctor--elieve they have heard and seen more than we can imagine. He/She will be able to get this figured out. I'm sure there is help out there--start with your doctor.

Maggie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Could be IBS, but I agree with the childbirth thing. Sorry you're going through this.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

Tressa33 HB User

Thanks for reply,but i have no children and have never given birth.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
(male)

George8211 HB User

Sounds like IBS...

You might want to talk to a therapist to help deal with this... It sorta falls in the anxiety realm.

Good Luck

Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

IBS is not a psychiatric disorder. A therapist will not stop you from crapping yourself. IBS is a physical problem, where the gut either goes into overdrive or "underdrive" resulting in either sudden urges to go or constipation. Stress can exacerbate the condition but it does not cause it.

I found great relief by taking a high quality probiotic called Custom Probiotics 1. It can be found online. I've suggested this to others and they've also had success with it.

Good luck.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User

In order to prevent accidents, I suggest a simple anal exercise which is to tighten and release over and over again. This is the same concept as the hold and release exercise for urinary leakage.
The psychological consideration on a previous post is almost on the mark. I think a type of bio-feedback is needed to control the urges. Mentally tell your bowels that they have to hold on for awhile, much the same way to would discipline a child.
I have an aunt that periodically suffers with your problem and I know she has a lot of stress in her life so I am guessing that it's part of the reason for the bowel problems. She has been diagnosed with divirculitis, so that may be a contributor as well. Stress is a wicked thing in that it makes conditions worse. One other thing with her is that she doesn't get to sit on the toilet for very long as she has a demanding autistic and blind adult son--so I am sure that this is one more reason.
So, stress, physiological conditions and letting yourself empty in one visit regardless of the time spent are a few things for you to consider.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
(female)

maggiemoo HB User

When you are having a physcial problem, it should always be checked out by a doctor. There is most likely a reason for this. Your first step should not be psychological and any therapist should insist that this be checked out by a M.D.

Maggie

Closed Thread