It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

22buddy HB User
2 er trips same problem

i have been having severe constipation. the doctor had me on zelnorm twice a day and prescription Mirilax twice a day with stool softeners. then i got really constipated no bowel movement for two weeks. tried everything. i was using the dulcolax laxatives. Miralax 6 times a day zelnorm twice a day 6 stool softeners a day the laxatives and still no bowel movement. I called my gastro doc and he said go to the ER. They did a xray and it showed no external obstruction just alot of stool.
they sent me home with a gallon of the go-litely to drink. I drank it but the water came out but no stool. I called him back the next day he said it might take a while to work go back on the miralax and zelnorm. Meanwhile I did a couple enemas and that night I drank a bottle of the phospa soda. The water ran right through but no stool. i became so dehydrated that by the next morning my husband rushed me back to ER because i was passing out. Which I did right in the ER waiting room. ( boy was I ever embarrassed.)More xrays showed stool still in there. they did rectals that showed it wasn't in my bottom. They then sent me home with some kind of pills I have to take two a day for the next few days.
Has anyone had a problem this bad and if so what did they do????
Could it be an impaction??

thanks Lisa

Closed Thread