It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
(male)

dannyF HB User
Unhappy Small pimple next to anus, is this dangerous?

About 10 days ago I noticed discomfort in the anal area. When I examined the area I felt something. I used a small mirror to see what it is and it looked like a small pimple pretty close to the anus. The skin around the anus has many tiny points or whatever you call this, it looks like the breast of a chicken. I hope you know what I mean. And this pimple looked like one of these "points" became inflamed. I applied Fucidine and after 2 days I already didn't feel any discomfort any longer. But I still went to the proctologist just to make sure it's nothing. I went there and I think he didn't see this small pimple anymore because it was hardly visible anymore. He thought that what caused this discomfort were hemorrhoids but it wasn't hemorrhoids it was a small pimple. But since he didn't see it and since it was hardly visible anymore I simply accepted his diagnosis. Today I checked my anus in the mirror again (this whole stuff is making me a bit paranoid...) and I saw that this small pimple is somehow visible again. It doesn't cause any problems but I don't understand why I can see it again, maybe it's coming back?
This concerne me. It's pretty close to the anus. Could this be something serious? I read that if a gland near the anus becomes infected it will turn into a fistula, is this true? Does this mean that every pimple near the anus is dangerous? But I cannot run to the doctor every time I have a pimple near the anus. I have had pimples near the anus a few times in the past months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
(male)

KNAYAK HB User
Re: Small pimple next to anus, is this dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyF View Post
About 10 days ago I noticed discomfort in the anal area. When I examined the area I felt something. I used a small mirror to see what it is and it looked like a small pimple pretty close to the anus. The skin around the anus has many tiny points or whatever you call this, it looks like the breast of a chicken. I hope you know what I mean. And this pimple looked like one of these "points" became inflamed. I applied Fucidine and after 2 days I already didn't feel any discomfort any longer. But I still went to the proctologist just to make sure it's nothing. I went there and I think he didn't see this small pimple anymore because it was hardly visible anymore. He thought that what caused this discomfort were hemorrhoids but it wasn't hemorrhoids it was a small pimple. But since he didn't see it and since it was hardly visible anymore I simply accepted his diagnosis. Today I checked my anus in the mirror again (this whole stuff is making me a bit paranoid...) and I saw that this small pimple is somehow visible again. It doesn't cause any problems but I don't understand why I can see it again, maybe it's coming back?
This concerne me. It's pretty close to the anus. Could this be something serious? I read that if a gland near the anus becomes infected it will turn into a fistula, is this true? Does this mean that every pimple near the anus is dangerous? But I cannot run to the doctor every time I have a pimple near the anus. I have had pimples near the anus a few times in the past months.
It is most likely a haematoma - caused by excessive pressure exerted during BM. If so, then it is harmless - only take care to avoid constipation and do not apply excessive pressure during BM.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
(male)

dannyF HB User
Re: Small pimple next to anus, is this dangerous?

Hi!
No, I don't think it is a haematoma. It's like a small pimple. If I had such a pimple somewhere else I wouldn't worry but when it's next to the anus then it's a bit scary.

Closed Thread